Romance your sweetie with these Gluten-Free Royalty Cookies.
These Gluten-Free Royalty Cookies are to-die-for! They are loaded with Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks and coconut… and they couldn’t be more amazing. The edges are crunchy and the centers are chewy and soft. The way a cookie should be, right? This recipe makes three dozen cookies so you can share them will all of your loved ones on Valentines Day.
I’ll be completely honest with you guys. It was hard to resist eating the ingredients. My girls and I munched our way through a quarter of the bag of mega chunks before I realized I needed to open another bag. And don’t even get me started on the cookie dough! I know you’re not supposed to eat cookie dough because of the raw egg but really I couldn’t resist. I kept telling myself that if the cookie was even half as good as the dough this recipe was going to be a new favorite. Think about it – butter, brown sugar, oats, coconut AND MEGA CHUNKS! How could I not eat it? I’m NOT suggesting that you eat the dough. I’m just warning you that it’s really good and hard to resist.
I used my KitchenAid mixer to whip up these tasty cookies. Don’t have one? No worries. I’ve teamed up with 14 other bloggers for a Sweets for your Sweeties collaboration and giveaway. Each blogger is sharing a fabulous recipe that would make anyone swoon (see their recipes below). The winner of the giveaway will not only get their very own KitchenAid Mixer (plus some amazing bowls to use with it), they will get to chose what color they want.
Giveaway details: Open to U.S. residents only,18 and older. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before new winner picked. Contest ends 2/10 at 11:59pm Mountain Time.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 bag Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks (chocolate chunks), slightly chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- Optional: ½ cup chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt until evenly combined.
- In your KitchenAid mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. If you don’t have a KitchenAid, you can also use a handheld mixer.
- Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the mega chunks, coconut, oats, and macadamias (optional).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto your prepared cookie sheet (9-12 cookies per sheet).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cookies start to brown and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days (if they last that long).
15 Sweets for Your Sweeties – Gluten-free recipes to share with your loved ones for Valentine’s Day or anytime. Listed in the order they appear in the photo, left to right, row by row:
- Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies from Sarah Bakes Gluten free
- Gluten Free Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Brownie Bombs from Flippin’ Delicious
- Royalty Cookies from Gluten-Free Palate
- Gluten-Free Dye-Free Red Velvet Cupcakes from gfJules
- Chocolate Love Cakes from My Gluten-free Kitchen
- Gluten-Free Sweet Tortilla Pizza from Allergy Free Alaska
- Cookies and Cream Truffles from Vegetarian Mamma
- Chocolate Truffles from Learning to Eat Allergy Free
- Double Chocolate Cookie Cups from Making it Milk Free
- Smoothie Bowl from My Plant-Based Family
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough Brownie Cake (Vegan) from Petite Allergy Treats
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites from Iowa Girl Eats
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizza from Faithfully Gluten Free
- Ooey Gooey Red Velvet Cookies from Gluten Free Frenzy
- The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie from Only Taste Matters
Disclosure: This post is Sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. As always, all opinions are mine and are not influenced. I only work for companies whose products I truly like and stand behind. Enjoy Life products are a staple in my house and my whole family loves them. The Giveaway attached to this post is sponsored by the bloggers who are a part of this recipe collaboration. Please visit the fabulous recipes above to learn more about those bloggers and enjoy more of their recipes.