This savory Gluten-Free Chicken Subgum Chow Mein will hit your taste buds in all the right places. It’s a classic dish broken down to the simplest form and it’s going to be a new favorite healthy dinner in your kitchen.
I love it when my husband makes Asian dishes. His Sweet & Sour Chicken is my favorite, but this dish is a close second.
Most of the time needed for this dish is in the prep work. There are lots of yummy veggies to chop and prepare.
After that, stir frying everything is simple. This dish is healthy, fresh, and savory. It hits all the right sensors on your palate and leaves you excited for leftovers the next day.
A couple of tips when making stir fry’s and dishes like this gluten-free chicken subgum chow mein:
- Use fresh ingredients (frozen veggies are okay if needed)
- Use a variety of colorful vegetables to get the benefits of the vitamins
- Add softer veggies like spinach and mushrooms last so they don’t over cook
- Add more or less gluten-free soy sauce to taste
- For a bit of spice or to cut sweet flavors, add a half teaspoon of chili paste or oil
Our favorite veggies to add to chow mein are sprouts, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion.
This Gluten-Free Chicken Subgum Chow Mein dish is lower in carbs, but high in flavor. There are tons of chicken and veggies, making it a well rounded dish.
Gluten-Free Chicken Subgum Chow Mein freezes well, and is super comforting on those days when you need something savory and warm.
If you love simple dishes loaded with protien and veggies like this Gluten-Free Chicken Subgum Chow Mein, you will love this Stir-Fred Chicken and Bok Choy from A Mindfull Mom.