Gluten-Free Bacon Tomato Cups are the perfect gluten free party food! They make a wonderful gluten-free appetizer and are perfect for anyone looking for gluten free finger foods to serve at a party or gathering.
For a list of the best gluten free appetizers check out my post on Gluten Free Appetizers.
These gluten-free bacon tomato cups are the perfect gluten-free appetizer! I first had the glutinous version many years ago when my sister-in-law brought them to a holiday gathering. When we were diagnosed gluten-intolerant I knew I needed to convert them into the perfect little gluten free finger food.
I truly feel that gluten-free appetizers are just as important as gluten-free dessert. Don’t get me wrong, 60% of the recipes on this site are dessert recipes. That’s because I feel desserts are more challenging to get right than gluten free meals and gluten-free appetizers.
But appetizers don’t always get the attention they deserve – and they should! There are several foodie-occasions year round where appetizers are really the highlight.
Gluten Free Party Food
Gluten Free Party Foods start at New Years Eve, then we have the Superbowl (where all we do is eat appetizers, right?), followed shortly by Easter, Mothers Day, Memorial Day, etc. You get the idea. Gluten-Free appetizers kick off our events and they should. Who wouldn’t want gluten free finger foods to snack on?
Appetizers are the gluten free party food that swing us into the party-happening mood. Are you looking for an easy gluten-free appetizer to kick off your event or dinner party?
Well, now I have the perfect gluten-free appetizer recipe for you. These Gluten-Free Bacon Tomato Cups not only will start your event off on the right fork, it will also satisfy your savory taste buds while you chat it up with your guests.
Can I make these gluten-free appetizers dairy-free?
Yes. Use your favorite dairy-free cheese, dairy-free butter, and dairy-free milk.
Is mayonnaise dairy-free?
Yes, mayonnaise is dairy-free. Always check labels for allergen information as ingredients may change.
How to make gluten free bacon appetizers?
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Lightly grease a mini muffin pan
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
- With a pastry knife, cut butter into flour until it resembles small peas.
- Add milk and combine.
- Using floured hands, knead dough until it forms a ball.
- Separate the dough into 24 equal balls.
- With floured fingers, press each ball into a 1 and 1/2-inch circle and place in the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
For the filling:
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown.
- Drain bacon on paper towels and then move bacon to a cutting board and chop into small pieces.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix chopped bacon, diced tomato, cheese, and mayonnaise until mixed thoroughly.
- Fill each dough cup with the bacon mixture. Pile it up, don’t be afraid!
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until brown.
- Serve warm.
For the complete list of ingredients needed to make these gluten free bacon appetizers see the Gluten-Free Bacon Tomato Cups recipe card below.
The comforting flavors of bacon, tomato, and cheese atop a flaky crust pair perfectly with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages alike. This easy gluten-free appetizer is simple to make and takes less than 15 minutes to bake making them the ultimate gluten free party food!
Dips make easy gluten free appetizers. Check out my post on gluten free dips for some tasty recipes.
Did you make this gluten free appetizer? If so, please let me know what you thought by leaving a comment below.
For the crust: For the filling:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
For the crust:
For the filling: