Once you try this microwaveable Gluten-Free Cherry Cobbler for One, you will NEVER go back to store bought cherry desserts again!
If you’ve read any of my previous posts, you’ll know that I’ve been getting cherries thrown at me left and right. First my lovely friend brought me cherries from her tree (after I told her that cherry pie was the first thing I had ever baked), then my mother-in-law brought me 10lbs. of cherries.
I’ve been in cherry heaven the last several weeks and I’ve loved every moment of it.
So of course one of my baking themes this summer is CHERRIES. I came up with a list of five or six recipes that I’ve always wanted to make using cherries and got busy in the kitchen.
I’ve tested each recipe at least three times, so you can imagine how many cherry desserts we’ve been eating.
You’d think we’d get sick of eating cherries, but each dessert is unique and scrumptious, so we’ve been in cherry-bliss.
I’ve been focusing on creating easy desserts, and trying to stick to no-bake as much as possible. It’s warm where we live and I want to avoid the oven as much as possible.
You’ve probably already seen a few cherry desserts published. Well let me tell you what makes this one so special.
This gluten-free cherry cobbler for one is extremely easy to make and is no-bake. In less than five minutes you will be dipping your spoon into a biscuit-like cobbler topping followed shortly by a tart cherry filling.
How do you feel about that?
I love keeping my house cool while I enjoy a traditional, yet sophisticated dessert. And, just in case you were wondering – yes, these are the BEST little cobblers EVER!
If you are looking for more microwaveable desserts you are going to love my Gluten-Free Vegan Mug Brownie Sundae and my Gluten-Free Mug Sugar Cookie.
Please stop back by and let me know what you thought of this Gluten-Free Cherry Cobbler for One.
For the cherry filling:
- 1/2 cup tart cherries, after the stems and pits have been removed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
For the cobbler topping:
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free butter, melted
- For the cherry filling - Place cherries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a 12 oz (or larger) jar. Stir to combine. Make sure you have at least 1 1/2 inches from the top of the jar for the cobbler topping to rise.
- For the cobbler topping - Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a small mixing bowl. Add in melted butter and milk and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the batter on top of the cherry filling.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, or until done.
- Use a towel or pot holder to remove the jar from the microwave as it will be hot.
- Let the jar cool to handling temperature.
- Top with your favorite dairy-free ice cream and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 cobbler
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 565 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 307mg Carbohydrates: 103g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 44g Protein: 10g