Fluffy pancakes that are gluten-free, simple to make, and freezer friendly. You are going to love the delicious flavors in these Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes.
This recipe was sponsored by Ryze. Opinions are my own.
If you’re not a huge fan of chocolate, this recipe isn’t for you. Just kidding, you’ll probably still love them! Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes – the name says it all. And I may have drizzled chocolate sauce on mine.
Chocolate on chocolate. Such a winning combination in my opinion.
My kids love all pancakes, and Gluten-Free Waffles, but these pancakes are something special. We’re having tons of fun trying new pancake flavors … and test tasting them.
These gluten-free chocolate pancakes are a whirl of fun and quite tasty. You can eat them plain, or top with your favorite toppings.
They use Ryze Gluten Free Flour as the base, rich cocoa to give them the perfect chocolate touch, and a splash of high-quality vanilla to pull it all together.
My girls and I have thrown in extras like mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and chopped nuts on occasion for an extra special breakfast treat.
These are incredible without toppings too, so don’t feel like you need to pile toppings onto these Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes.
When making pancakes there are a few tips that I like to remember:
- Non-stick griddles work best, but if you don’t have one, a non-stick pan will do (but don’t oil it).
- Don’t over mix the batter, or the pancakes will be tough or rubbery.
- The batter should be a little on the thin side and it’s okay if there are lumps.
- Test one pancake first for doneness and cooking temperature.
- Don’t flip pancakes until bubbles start to appear and the edges are cooked.
We like to double our pancake recipes and freeze the extras for a quick breakfast on a busy morning. If you plan to freeze any, make sure they are completely cooled before placing them into a container. This will help prevent them from sticking together. When you are ready to enjoy them, pull them out and microwave them. Simple!
- 1 1/4 cups Ryze Yellow Bag
- 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or dairy-free milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Add in eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil.
- Stir just until combined. The batter will still have a few lumps in it.
- Heat a non-stick griddle to medium (about 350 degrees).
- Pour ¼ cups worth of pancake batter onto the griddle. Let cook until bubbles start to appear at the top, and the edges are cooked.
- Flip pancake and continue to cook until the center is cooked through.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings.