Wake up to delicious, warm, Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Muffins. Drizzle with syrup or vanilla glaze and take your french toast muffin to-go!
Disclosure: This recipe was sponsored by Canyon Bakehouse. We love Canyon Bakehouse and enjoy their products regularly.
French toast is an any-time-of the year breakfast. Some of our favorite french toast combinations are traditional (just vanilla), cinnamon french toast, cinnamon roll french toast (think vanilla glazed), and pumpkin french toast.
Recently we’ve been enjoying gluten-free cinnamon raisin french toast in the form of a muffin.
Both my husband and I work full time and our schedules are crazy.
Between our kids going to different schools this year, having split work schedules, and our kids having so many activities (which is good for them) we are finding less and less time to cook and bake.
I’m still sticking with my motto: Have fun and keep it simple.
A few weeks ago, when I was working on food prep for the week, I decided to make Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Muffins. I drizzled on some vanilla glaze and Viola!
We had a fancy-shmancy breakfast on-the-go.
We don’t make french toast every weekend because most weekends half of us our out of the house by 8AM and the other half is getting ready. Although french toast isn’t difficult to make, it does take time to dip and cook each piece.
Having the option to grab a Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast muffin has really helped us on busy mornings.
I usually make up a batch and we each grab one, along with a piece of fruit, and head out the door.
With four of us, a batch gets us through three days. I don’t make them every week because we like to switch up our breakfast choices, but they are super helpful and tasty when we are in a pinch for time.
Plus, they make great birthday breakfasts when my girls have sleepovers.
The next time you’re in a pinch for time and you want to make something quick, filling, but special – these Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Muffins fill all three requirements.
If you like these Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Muffins, you might also like my Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Muffins.
If you don’t have a muffin pan, or are looking for an extra special twist, I recommend you try Vegetarian Mamma’s Caramel Apple French Toast Casserole.
Come back and tell me what you think of these muffins!
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 loaf Canyon Bakehouse Cinnamon Raisin Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a metal 12-serving muffin pan; set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add bread cubes and fold until combined and well coated. Let sit for a minute, then fold again. Repeat until all the liquid is absorbed by the bread.
- Spoon French toast muffin mixture into each muffin well, overfilling just a little, and press to compact.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of each french toast muffin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until they’re golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- If desired, drizzle with maple syrup or vanilla glaze.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Re-heat before serving.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 38mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g Protein: 3g