Warm irresistible Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts that are also dairy-free and nut-free.
These gluten-free cinnamon donuts are ready in less than twenty minutes, and will melt in your mouth.
Looking for an extra special treat? Top this gluten-free cinnamon sugar donut with your favorite dairy-free vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
No one can resist a fresh, warm, gluten-free cinnamon sugar donut out of the oven.
The wonderful smell of cinnamon baking into a perfect gluten-free treat wafting through the house is irresistible.
Anytime I bake up a batch of gluten-free donuts my family comes running.
What gluten-free flour blend can I use to make gluten-free donuts
You can use Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten free flour blend, or Ryze Blue Bag to make these gluten-free donuts, or you can use my homemade gluten-free flour blend.
How to make gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts
- Add the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, vegetable oil, dairy-free milk and vinegar.
- Mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan – filling each donut well about 2/3 full. The batter should not cover the center of the donut well where the hole will go.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the donuts rise and set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Coat with cinnamon sugar and enjoy.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes only. Please see the printable recipe card below.
I mean, just look at these donuts. Did you see the texture in the picture at the top of this post? Perfect.
These donuts have a really nice texture and they hold of for days.
I made a double batch for my girls and then munched through them until the were gone.
I’ve also frozen a batch so my girls can pull them out on Fridays and reheat them. They were still moist and delightful.
Working with Gluten-Free Flours
When working with or measuring gluten-free flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level. Do not scoop your measuring cup into the gluten-free flour.
Is brown sugar gluten free?
Yes, brown sugar is gluten free. Please always check labels on off-brands to make sure no gluten containing ingredients were added for coloring.
How can I make gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts egg-free
For these gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts you can use a flaxseed egg.
To make a flax egg, mix one tablespoon ground flaxseed meal with three tablespoons of water.
Mix together, and let sit in your fridge for 15 minutes to set up and thicken.
You can also try an egg replacer like Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer. I hear it’s easy to work with.
Pin for later:
What other milk can I use in gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts
For this gluten-free cinnamon sugar donut recipe I used almond milk, which is a dairy-free milk.
You can use regular milk or you milk of choice.
I recommend you don’t add buttermilk or full fat coconut milk to these gluten-free cinnamon sugar donuts.
The milk is too thick, and has to much fat for the rest of the ingredients.
For a gluten-free vegan donut check out my Gluten-Free Vegan Espresso Donuts.
All are amazing and all are super simple. If you are looking for more donut recipes, you can search for donuts in the search bar at the top.
Did you make these donuts? Please let me know what you thought. If you have a question about gluten-free donuts or any of my recipes please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
For the donuts:
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (or regular milk)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
For the coating:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the donuts: Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease one six-serving donut pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the egg, vanilla, oil, dairy-free milk, and vinegar and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan - filling each donut well about 2/3 full. The batter should not cover the center of the donut well where the hole will go.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the donuts rise and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a wire rack over a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper.
- Carefully remove the donut from the pan. You may need to use a spoon or a rubber spatula to loosen them if they stick.
- For the coating: In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. One at a time, dip the tops of your donuts into the coating, then flip them to coat the bottoms.
- Place your cinnamon sugar donut on the rack and repeat until all donuts have been coated.
- Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperate for up to three days.
- When measuring gluten-free flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level. Do not scoop your measuring cup into the gluten-free flour.
- You can use your milk of choice in this donut recipe. Be sure not to use full fat milk, or full fat coconut milk as the batter will be too thick.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g