These delicious no-bake Gluten-Free Vegan Cookies and Cream Bars are the perfect indulgence. Bite into a chocolaty crust topped with a smooth, mock cream cheese filling, finished with delicious cookie crumbs.
The past couple of months have been crazy busy for me. I haven’t really announced it yet, but I quit my full time day job. I was working 45+ hours a week, developing recipes on the nights and weekends, and trying to keep up with family life.
Both my kiddos are active in sports and activities. I actually made these Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream Bars for my oldest soccer team. They were such a big hit, I wanted to share them with you.
These Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream Bars are super simple to make. I know I say that about a lot of my recipes, but I really try to keep them simple for the most part.
You crush chocolate cookies or run them through a food processor, and add in melted chocolate mixed with oil and you’ve got your crust.
The next step is to mix the mock cream cheese mixture and spread it on top. Then you sprinkle on more crushed cookies and mini chips (optional). Sounds easy, right?
My kids said these bars were the best thing I had ever made. Warning: They say that about everything I make.
The one thing it tells me though, is that they like them. Usually at least one of my kids enjoys the treats I make. If my recipe gets the families approval I then move onto neighbors.
You only see recipes that have been tested by several people.
I love making quick treats like this because they are ready in no time and they are safe for everyone in my family to eat.
They are made with Enjoy Life Foods cookies and mini chips, keeping them gluten-free and dairy-free.
These Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream bars are also vegan, so they are a great treat to make when we have friends over who eat a vegan diet.
I try to mix up my recipes and give dairy-free and vegan options when the original recipe isn’t dairy-free or vegan. That way it can be enjoyed by as many people as possible.
These Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream Bars are rich, chocolaty, and scrumptious.
They are no-bake, and only use a few of my favorite ingredients. I hope you make them. If you do, please come back and let me know what you think of them.
- 2 packages Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Double Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 1/4 cup oil
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Line a 8X8 baking pan with wax paper or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a food processor, process cookies until they are fine crumbs. Set aside 1/2 cup of cookie crumbs for the top.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir in oil until smooth. Add crushed cookies (except the 1/2 you reserved).
- Press cookie mixture into the bottom of your pan.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl, beat vegan cream cheese, dairy-free butter, and powdered sugar with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Spread on top of cookie crust mixture.
- Sprinkle reserved crushed cookies on top and press down slightly to help them stick.
- If desired, sprinkle on additional mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set.
- Remove bars from the pan and cut to size.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 177 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 82mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 8g Protein: 1g