By/ Last Modified On February 28, 2023
We often say, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" But when you are diagnosed and must eat a gluten-free dairy-free breakfast, you may feel even more limited.
But you don't need to, with our list of 20 gluten-free dairy-free breakfast options we have for you. Yes, options! Not just a few, so sit tight, review this list, and breakfast is going to go from "I can't eat anything" to "Wow! Which one of these gluten-free dairy-free breakfast recipes should I choose?"
What Is A Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Diet?
So, if you're new to a gluten-free dairy-free diet, let's do a recap. On a gluten-free diet, you cannot consume any gluten-containing products. Gluten is a protein found in wheat flour, barley, and rye. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease and when gluten is eaten, it causes damage to the small intestine.
With a dairy-free diet, you are not able to consume any dairy products like milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, cream, and ice cream. You are able to eat eggs. It is called lactose intolerance.
So, the combination of the two is that you cannot consume gluten and dairy products. An interesting fact is that there is a connection between newly diagnosed celiac disease patients and secondary lactose intolerance. So, in some cases, it may be temporary when your gut is healing. Consult your doctor, so they can support you.
As always, scrutinize food labels to ensure you are not compromising your health.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Recipes
It can be so distressing looking into cupboards, and nothing pops into your vision of something you can eat. But with this list ranging from pancakes, waffles, muffins, and more, you will be spoilt for choice with these gluten-free dairy-free breakfast ideas.
So, which of the gluten-free dairy-free recipes are you going to try first?
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Oatmeal, Cereal, and Porridge
It is nice to have oatmeal, cereal, or porridge, but just because you must have a non-dairy breakfast, you're not going to be limited in choice in this category. Here is an article on the best gluten-free oatmeal brands. Look at the tips mentioned in the article to help you. I would also suggest you try out a few dairy-free milk alternatives, and you should be on your way to eating a dairy-free breakfast.
1. Gluten-Free Overnight Oats - You are going to love this easy recipe for gluten-free Overnight Oats! It's the best oatmeal recipe and only takes just minutes to prepare. Customize it with your favorite flavors.
2. Overnight Paleo Oatmeal - Overnight Paleo Oatmeal is a paleo breakfast porridge that is gluten-free and has a dairy-free option. It's easy to make and so tasty.
3. Chocolate Paleo Granola - Delicious on its own, or served on top of dairy-free yogurt, this Paleo Granola is tasty and filling. If you are not sure about great dairy-free yogurt options, scroll down.
4. Paleo Pumpkin Porridge - If you feel like something warm, this Paleo Pumpkin Porridge is a nice hot cereal that is high in protein, healthy fats, and vitamins. Get your pumpkin fix now!
5. Maple Granola - This is a simple recipe for maple granola that uses minimal ingredients. This maple granola recipe is delicious and filling.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pancakes
Pancakes, I like to think, are a staple in most homes, especially for a lazy Saturday morning. Pancakes are also great, as you can freeze them for a quick breakfast during the week when the craving strikes. These gluten-free dairy-free pancakes are no exception. Which one are you going to choose?
6. Gluten-Free Pancake Mix - This is the best gluten-free pancake mix recipe! It has a dairy-free and vegan option and is so simple to make. This is a tried and trusted gluten-free pancake mix recipe. Go on, make a double batch, it is so good!
7. Gluten-Free Crepes - Although technically not a pancake, I have placed it in this category. This gluten-free crepes recipe uses minimal ingredients. Look out for tips for making the best gluten-free crepes.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Donuts
Donuts are not an item to be missed on any breakfast menu. Life without donuts would be dull. No list of gluten-free and dairy-free breakfast recipes is complete without them!
8. Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Maple Donuts - Made from scratch and fresh out of the oven, these gluten-free maple donuts are simple to make, tender, and perfect for anyone who loves a good donut.
9. Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Chocolate Espresso Donuts - Calling all vegan donut lovers! You're going to love these gluten-free vegan chocolate espresso donuts.
10. Paleo Almond Joy Donuts - These Paleo donuts are super simple to make! Top them with your favorite toppings or melted chocolate.
11. Vegan Gluten-Free Donuts - These vegan gluten-free donuts are baked, not fried. They're so soft and tender, you’ll be ready to go back for more! They’re best with icing and of course sprinkles on top too!
12. Vegan Glazed Chocolate Donuts - These gluten-free and vegan glazed chocolate donuts are easily made at home in a donut pan!
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Waffles
Waffles are so delightful as a gluten-free dairy-free breakfast. I love all the toppings you can place on them, and no child says no to these for breakfast.
13. Paleo Waffles - These crispy paleo waffles, made with almond flour are so good! They are gluten-free and dairy free. They're the perfect start to your Saturday morning topped with all your favorite toppings.
14. Gluten-Free Oat Waffles - I can confirm that oat flour waffles are the waffles I’ve been searching for all along. Oat waffles are the waffles of my dreams.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Muffins
Muffins are really such a great on-the-go breakfast. You can make them in advance, and most recipes freeze well. They work so well as a post-workout breakfast too.
15. Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins - Make these perfect grain-free carrot cake muffins! They're also gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free.
16. Paleo Banana Muffins - These scrumptious Paleo Banana Muffins are so simple to make! They're ready to devour in less than thirty minutes.
17. Grain-Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins - These Chocolate Zucchini muffins are tender, chocolaty, and perfect for breakfast. They're gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo friendly.
18. Paleo Blueberry Muffins - These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are simple to make and super tender. They are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast, or an on the run post-workout snack.
19. Paleo Snickerdoodle Muffins - Scrumptious, tender Paleo Snickerdoodle Muffins that are simple to make, quick to bake, healthy, and filling.
20. Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins - These scrumptious Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins are simple to make, and ready to devour in less than thirty minutes.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Yogurt
Yogurt is something you are concerned you are going to miss. But you don't need to.
Here's a list of gluten-free dairy-free yogurt you can buy now.
- Siggi's Plant Based Yogurt
- Harmless Dairy-Free Yogurt
- Silk Soy Milk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- Cocoyo Living Coconut Yogurt
All you need to do is choose your flavor and wait for the delivery.
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Breakfast Made With Eggs
And, last but definitely not least, are a few recipes made with eggs. From the all-time favorite banana bread to a tasty gluten-free dairy-free quiche.
Gluten-Free Latkes - These crispy and brown on the outside with tender potato on the inside gluten-free latkes make a tasty and filling breakfast.
Gluten-Free Quiche - A simple gluten-free quiche recipe with the perfect flaky crust and creamy custard filling. Customize it with your favorite ham, sausage, bacon, or veggies. Look out for the dairy-free swap out.
Paleo Banana Bread - No need to crave your regular homemade banana bread. This paleo banana bread is so good with a great texture, moist center, and the perfect crumb.
Gluten-Free Coffee Cake - Yes, you can have cake for breakfast with this gluten-free coffee cake. Follow the recipe instructions on how to make it dairy-free.
Gluten-Free Banana Bars - Grab these Grain-Free Banana Everything Bars as your go-to recipe when you're on the move!
If you have not found a recipe yet, view our complete list of gluten-free breakfast recipes.
If you are new to gluten-free and following a Pale diet, then try out these Paleo courses from Udemy.
Did you make any of these gluten-free dairy-free breakfast recipes? Please leave me a comment below letting me know what you thought.