You can whip up a batch of these Gluten-Free Gingerbread Muffins in no time. These tender gingerbread muffins will spice up your life and can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
I’m not sure if you remember, but I went through a gingerbread phase last winter. Everything I baked up for two months was gingerbread themed.
I love gingerbread, I love all the spices that make up gingerbread, and I will eat almost anything that’s gingerbread.
I haven’t baked as many gingerbread treats this year (yet) but I have started to get cravings for it. This past weekend my girls wanted me to make muffins for them to munch on.
I’ve had been rotating through all their favorite, including these Grain-Free Double Chocolate Muffins, but they were ready to try something new.
Being that I hadn’t every made gluten-free gingerbread muffins (shocking, I know) I thought I’d give it a try. They turned out amazing!
Muffins tend to have a lot of sugar. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, and it’s not as much sugar as cake, but sometimes I don’t want an overly sweet muffin in the mornings.
This recipe has the right amount of sugar and the perfect amount of molasses lending a tender texture and sweet flavor making it a perfect breakfast choice.
The muffins turned out perfectly moist, full of flavor, and quite filling. My girls loved every bite.
I spread dairy-free butter on my while my husband topped a muffin with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce (not pictured) for a quick and delicious dessert.
And if you’re vegan, or any of your loved ones are vegan, they will fan over my Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Raw Gingerbread Cheesecake.
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used RYZE Yellow Flour Blend)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature **
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk**
- ** Substitution Solution: Use dairy-free butter and 3/4 cup dairy-free milk + 1 teaspoon vinegar to make these dairy-free.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 12-serving metal muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl beat together brown sugar, molasses, eggs, butter, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the buttermilk until combined.
- Add the flour mixture all at once and whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin well, filling 2/3 the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then removed to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.