Gluten-Free Mini Walnut Muffins that are also dairy-free and refined sugar free. They are slightly sweet, with a lovely texture and loads of crunchy walnuts. You are going to love these tasty little gluten free mini muffins!
Do you love grabbing a quick muffin for breakfast? My Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins are super tasty and healthy. If you’re more of a blueberry muffin person you’ll want to make my gluten free blueberry muffins.
For more breakfast ideas you’ll want to check out my Gluten Free Breakfast section.
This recipe was sponsored by Ryze. Opinions are my own.
We are kicking of the New Year with loads of healthy and filling recipes. These Gluten-Free Mini Walnut Muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast, or post workout snack.
They are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. The hints of maple syrup and vanilla are a perfect match for the walnuts layered throughout.
My kids loving taking these gluten-free mini muffins in there lunch for an extra snack. They freeze well and are perfect for a post-workout snack too.
They are made with Ryze Gluten-Free Flour, which is a wholesome rice flour blend, and they don’t have any added starches or gums. Perfectly pop-able, and bite-sized, these Gluten-Free Mini Walnut Muffins are simple to make and freeze well.
While we don’t do New Year’s resolutions, we are constantly working on new recipes that provide our bodies with nutrients and wholesome ingredients.
What other nuts can I use?
You can use your nut of choice but walnuts and pecan work best in these gluten-free mini muffins.
How to make gluten-free mini muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12 serving mini muffin pan; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk egg, vanilla, avocado oil, maple syrup, and dairy-free milk.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chopped walnuts. Top with additional chopped walnuts if desired.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin wells and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I love having a mini muffin pan. It makes the perfect gluten-free mini muffins. If you don’t have one I suggest you get one. They are pretty inexpensive.
These little Gluten-Free Mini Walnut Muffins are dense, slightly sweet, and filling. If you can’t have walnuts, you can always use another high fat nut like pecans. I haven’t tried almonds or macadamia nuts in these gluten-free muffins. Pecans in general are sweeter than walnuts, and don’t have the same acidity level and they are a great substitution for most recipes that call for walnuts.
Serving Size: 1 mini muffin
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 102 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 102mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g