Simple and delicious, this Gluten-Free Orange Chia Seed Bread is bursting with citrus flavor, chia seeds, and glazed with a sweet orange glaze.
Chia seeds are a super food and they make a great addition to any baked good, like this Gluten-Free Orange Chia Seed Bread.
I started adding chia seeds to our muffins and breads a while back. It’s a great way for me to sneak in extra nutrition for my girls, and it lends a lovely texture.
I’ve been craving a good citrus flavored treat lately. Although the Gluten-Free Lemon Cake I made last week was super scrumptious, I wanted more citrus, so this week I made Gluten-Free Orange Chia Seed Bread using Vivian’s Live Again Gluten-Free, Whole Grain Muffin Mix.
I love the Vivian’s Live Again mixes because they are gluten-free and simple to use. The muffin mix is good on its own, but you can also add into other ingredients if desired.
I love adding in chocolate chips, lemon or orange zest, and sometimes a mashed banana. It’s a versatile mix, and you only have to add a couple of ingredients.
Speaking of adding ingredients. Have you ever purchased a mix (muffin, cake, etc.) only to find out that you had to add a ton of ingredients? Or, the ingredients you needed to add were super expensive?
That is one of my biggest pet-peeves when it comes to mixes. A couple of years ago I was sent a mix to try. I had to add almost $6 in ingredients.
The mix retails for $8. That means it would’ve cost the consumer $14 for the batch of 12 muffins. Not even kidding. Luckily Vivian’s Live Again products are affordable and you only need to add the standard 3 ingredients at most (eggs, milk, oil).
I don’t use mixes for very many recipes, but I do like to use them when I’m in a pinch for time, when its a mix for something I don’t normally make, or I’m trying something new. It helps to keep things simple in the kitchen for me.
None of them use mixes, but they are super good and super simple.
If you make this recipe, please stop back by and let me know what you thought!
For the bread:
- 1 package Vivian's Live Again Gluten-Free Whole Grain Muffin Mix
- 1 1/4 cup milk (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- zest from 1 large orange
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- juice from the same orange
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a metal loaf pan; set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add muffin mix, milk, oil, eggs, chia seeds, and orange zest. Beat with a hand mixer on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer batter to the pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until set.
- Remove from the oven and rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the bread to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, mix sugar and orange juice in a small bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Drizzle glaze over bread. Slice when completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47 Total Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 2g
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Vivian’s Live Again. We love their mixes. Opinions are my own.