A buttery flaky pie crust with the perfect pecan pie filling, this classic gluten-free pecan pie comes together quickly with only a few simple ingredients. You are going to love this easy gluten-free pecan pie recipe.
Gluten-Free Pecan Pie Recipe
The flavors of maple and vanilla combined with pecans will have you running for a second helping of this gluten-free pecan pie. The crust is buttery and flaky and the pecan pie filling is perfect in every way.
This incredibly delicious gluten-free pecan pie recipe also comes with a dairy-free and refined sugar free option making it a go-to gluten-free pie recipe year-round.
Working with Gluten-Free Flours
When working with or measuring gluten-free flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level. Do not scoop your measuring cup into the gluten-free flour.
The best method really is to weigh the gluten-free flour but I don’t have the ingredient weights for all my recipes yet.
Gluten-Free Pecan Pie is a magical pie. More chemistry then magic but it’s magical the way that you can mix the right ingredients together and the pecans float to the top of the pie, while the center turns into a yummy thick filling.
Can I use coconut oil in gluten-free pecan pie?
Yes, you can swap out the butter for equal amounts of coconut oil in this gluten-free pecan pie recipe. You can’t taste the coconut oil and if you use butter it gives this gluten-free pecan pie a rich, buttery flavor.
I haven’t tested the gluten-free pie filling with dairy-free butter but it should work just fine.
What other sweetener can I use besides coconut sugar in gluten-free pie?
I would not recommend making the filling for this gluten-free pecan pie with a sugar free sweetener like stevia, or truvia. It won’t set up the way it needs to.
You can substitute with coconut sugar or maple sugar if needed.
How to make gluten-free pecan pie
- Preheat oven and place a baking sheet on the rack in the center of oven. Make my gluten free pie crust or use your favorite store bought gluten free pie crust.
- For the filling, add all the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until combine. You can also mix all the ingredients and then stir in the pecans if it’s easier for you.
- Pour filling into the prepared crust. The pecans will float to the top as the pie bakes. Bake as directed.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes only. Please see the printable recipe card below.
I’ve also included a video for a demonstration on how to make gluten free pecan pie.
If you can’t have pecans you can always use walnuts or my favorite, hazelnuts, in this gluten-free pecan pie recipe. I’ve also used macadamias in a pinch before.
The pie is still incredible. Just note, if you use walnuts this gluten-free pecan pie will be a little more acidic. Make sure to chop them before you add them to the filling.
Tips for making a great gluten-free pie:
- Read the recipe steps and make sure you have all ingredients on hand before you begin.
- Make sure all ingredients are cold before you begin, unless otherwise noted.
- Don’t overwork the crust dough, it will toughen and cause cracks when you transfer it to the pie pan.
- If the pie crust dough is too soft, chill for 30 minutes before rolling it out.
- To help prevent a mess in the oven, place a baking sheet under the pie pan while it cooks.
- Let the gluten-free pie cool completely before slicing.
If you have any questions about this gluten free pecan pie recipe please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
Gluten-free pie crust recipe:
You don’t have to use the gluten free pie crust recipe included with this recipe. You can use your favorite single pie crust recipe or you can use a store bought gluten free pie crust.
Did you make this gluten-free pecan pie recipe? Please leave a starred review and a comment below letting me know how it turned out!
For the Crust
For the Filling
Knead dough until it comes together. Form a ball with the dough.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g