Gluten-Free, Allergy-Friendly Pita Chips that are flavorful and crunchy. With a few simple ingredients and one bowl, you can make gluten-free pita chips.
May is Celiac Awareness Month and we are celebrating all month with lots of scrumptious recipes.
We’re getting started a little early with these Gluten-Free Pita Chips. My kiddos love pita chips and hummus and it’s hard to find good pita chips that are gluten-free and dairy-free where I live.
At first I was intimidated by the thought of allergy-friendly pita chips. Thinking they would be really hard to make. So glad I was wrong.
These gluten-free pita chips only took a few ingredients, and were simple to knead, roll and cut.
I used Enjoy Life Foods All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour. It’s loaded with ancient grains like millet, teff, and buckwheat (which is not actually wheat).
I hadn’t tired it before, which is funny because I’ve tried all the other Enjoy Life Foods products, and loved them.
You don’t have to make your chips in the same shape as me. My kiddos asked for them to be shaped like chips, or little pizza slices.
You can also cut them into squares or rectangles, or whatever shape you want. A couple of important things to note about this recipe.
Although simple, like any dough recipe, its best to work with room temperature ingredients.
Also, you’ll want to roll the dough out on parchment paper. You can then either transfer the cutout chips to a parchment lined baking sheet, or slide the one you used onto the baking sheet.
If you decide to slide the one you used, just note, the pita chips might stick together. The more space you have between the chips, them more likely the edges will brown and crisp up.
My family loved these gluten-free pita chips. The spices aren’t overpowering and lend just the right amount of flavor, and the olive oil and sea salt on top really pulls all the flavors of the chips together.
We like to serve ours with hummus, but you can enjoy these with any type of dip.
I asked my family to make me what I call a “Pita Snack Board”, pictured above, for mothers day.
I imagine myself sitting out on the patio, sipping a fun beverage, and enjoying snacks. Maybe by myself, for a little quite time.
- 2 cups Enjoy Life Foods All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or onion powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing on
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, spices, and salt.
- Add in water and olive oil until well combined.
- Kneed 8-10 times, in the bowl, or on a dry surface (dough should not be sticky).
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a piece of parchment paper, with a floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a circle (for chip shape) or rectangle (for rectangular chips), about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick (you want them thin so they crisp up). Note: The smaller they are, the easier they will be to transfer without breaking.
- Brush with olive oil. Sprinkle on coarse sea salt.
- Carefully transfer to your baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until the chips start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Best enjoyed same day.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 92 Total Fat: 10g
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. Opinions are my own.