These lovely and delicious Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are perfect for summer! They are tender and flavorful and only use a few simple ingredients.
I published a similar recipe a few weeks back for Gluten-Free Raspberry Lime Mojito Cupcakes. My daughters loved watching me make them and requested that I make a kid friendly version that didn’t include rum.
With all the recipe testing to get ready for the cupcake battle, I didn’t really have time.
My youngest had a birthday coming up and what better way to celebrate than to make the cupcake she had been requesting – Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
This was my chance to please my daughters cravings for a kid version of the mojito cupcakes, and make something special for my daughters birthday.
This Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake was a huge hit at my daughters family birthday party. Even the gluten eaters said it was the best cupcake they had tasted.
The lemon cupcake is bursting with citrus and vanilla and the strawberry buttercream frosting is sweet and lends subtle hints of fresh strawberries, making this Gluten-Free Strawberry Lemonade Cupcake a PERFECT cupcake.
I used my KitchenAid Mixer to whip up these tasty cupcakes. Don’t have one? No worries.
I’ve teamed up with 26 other bloggers for a recipe sharing collaboration and KitchenAid Mixer giveaway to help my friend Sharon from What the Fork Food Blog celebrate her birthday.
Each blogger is sharing a fabulous recipe that would make anyone swoon (see their recipes below). The winner of the giveaway will not only get their very own KitchenAid Mixer (and get to chose between Green Apple, Ice, Aqua Sky, Cranberry, Metallic Chrome, or White), they will also receive a prize package from Rodelle Vanilla (vanilla extract, almond extract, baking cocoa) and a $100 gift card to Sweetapolita.
- [b]For the Lemon Cupcakes:[/b][br]
- 11/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 11/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Zest from one large lemon
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk[br][br]
- [b]For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting:[/b][br]
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 16 oz powdered sugar
- For the Lemon Cupcakes - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar together until light, and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs one at at time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed low. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combine.
- Add the buttermilk and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake for approximately 23-25 minutes or until just slightly golden and the centers are set.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven and cool completely before frosting.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the frosting.
- For the Strawberry Buttercream Frosting - Muddle strawberries until juicy and no lumps remain; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add in powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with 1 teaspoon strawberry puree, until all powdered sugar and strawberry puree is incorporated and the frosting is at desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6779 Total Fat: 141g Carbohydrates: 1375g Protein: 27g