A sophisticated dessert that is smooth, rich, and delectable. This Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake is perfect for any time of the year.
Need a more traditional Gluten-Free Cake? Try my easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake. It’s seriously the best. If you are looking for more gluten-free chocolate treat recipes you’ll want to check out my Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Donuts.
For more ideas head over to my Gluten-Free Desserts.
This recipe was sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. Opinions are my own.
I’m dreaming of this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake and you will too once you see how easy it is to make. I know you’re looking at these pictures and thinking there is no way this cake is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan. It is. It’s actually free from the top 8 allergens and it’s perfect in every way.
While we are all gluten-free in our household, my oldest daughter has also been dairy-free for eight years now. I’m mostly dairy-free. What does “mostly” mean? It means that I can tolerate some hard cheeses (about 1 oz. a day at most), and that’s about it.
But I can’t do dairy chocolate, dairy ice cream, dairy milk, or dairy yogurt or I get super sick. I’ve made a lot of dairy-free meals and treats and no one has ever noticed that I used dairy free products in place of dairy in my gluten-free recipes.
After we removed dairy from my daughters diet we saw a huge change in her symptoms. She no longer had stomach cramping and bloating, and her skin cleared up. When I realized I had the same symptoms, I removed dairy from my diet and saw my symptoms disappear within a week.
Just recently my husband noticed that he gets headaches and bloating after ingesting dairy. Hmmm, I wonder why that is. Both of us absolutely love cake, and when I made this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake we both new that we’d be fine without dairy.
The star of this recipe is the Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels that I used to make the allergy-friendly chocolate ganache sauce. It’s super rich and creamy. You will never be able to tell that this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake is gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free, and dairy-free.
Can I use dairy in this recipe if I don’t have to be dairy-free?
Yes. You can use regular dairy-milk and dairy-yogurt in this recipe. I still recommend the Enjoy Life Foods baking morsels because they are delicious and allergy-friendly.
Can I use egg instead of flax-egg in this cake recipe?
Yes. I’ve tested it with egg and flax-egg. I like to use the flax-egg to keep it allergy-friendly and to add more fiber. But feel free to use a regular egg.
Although you can keep this cake at room temperature, it is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to four days and in my opinion, it is most enjoyable chilled.
If I can make a Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake this simple and tasty, you can too! Even the strawberry roses on top are easy (I just googled a tutorial). Please make sure to use the ingredients called for in the recipe before you substitute anything, that way you can get a feel for the recipe and how it should turn out.
How to measure gluten-free flour
Have you baked with gluten-free flours? Although it’s best to measure your flours by weight, most recipes are written in volume. When measuring gluten-free flours, simply spoon your flour into the measuring cup, then level. Never dip your measuring cup into the flour and level. This will add too much flour.
If you make this Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake please stop by and let me know what you thing! Just a warning, the ganache is super addicting. Like eat-with-a-spoon-warm addicting.
Looking for more dairy-free recipes? You will fall in love with my Gluten-Free Vegan Mug Brownie Sundae. If you are not a fan of ganache, you can always top this gluten-free vegan cake with Vegan Frosting.
Happy baking and cooking!
For the cake:
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons hot water)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup unsweeted dairy-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
For the chocolate ganache:
- 6 oz. Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup unsweeted dairy-free yogurt
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Position the oven rack in center of oven. Grease one 9-inch round metal cake pan with coconut oil and cut out a circle of parchment paper for the bottom. This will help keep the cake from sticking; set aside.
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing the flaxseed and water in a small bowl. Let it sit while you prepare the rest of the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add the sugars, dairy-free milk, dairy-free yogurt, vanilla, oil, and vinegar. Wisk until combined.
- Add the flax egg and whisk until combined
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the center of the cake is set.
- Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- For the ganache: In a medium sized pot over low heat, bring the dairy-free yogurt to simmer. Stir constantly so it doesn’t burn. As soon as it starts to simmer/boil, remove from the heat and add in the chocolate morsels.
- Let the pot sit for 5 minutes allowing the heat to transfer to the chocolate.
- Whisk until all the chocolate is incorporated and the ganache is smooth.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before pouring over the cake.
- Store cake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 70 Carbohydrates: 19g Sugar: 17g