Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Lime Truffles that are rich, smooth, creamy, and free from the top 8 allergens. You are going to love they way these delectable homemade truffles melt in your mouth.
This post was sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. Opinions are my own.
Homemade Chocolate Truffles
How many times have you gone to the grocery store or a specialty chocolate store looking for an allergy-friendly truffle? With our family being gluten-free, and one of my girls being dairy-free, and the other peanut-free it’s sometimes difficult to find a special treat that works for everyone.
We love Godiva, and See’s Candies but there aren’t many options for us to choose from that are free from all the allergens, and to be honest, the ones they do have can get pricey. That doesn’t stop us from finding a treat that we love, but it does make it difficult if they put them all in the same box and we accidentally grab the wrong treat.
We like to make a lot of our meals and treats at home. That way we get more for our money and we know exactly what we are putting into our bodies. We definitely splurge on the occasional meal or trip to the chocolate store.
But for the most part, knowing that I can have more than twice as many chocolate truffles for the same price as purchasing it at a store excites me. Who wouldn’t want twice as many truffles for the same price?
These Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Lime Truffles are really easy to make, you don’t even need to purchase a chocolate mold. These are truffles we plan to make time and time again and I hope you will try them so you can see just how wonderful they are.
For these Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Lime Truffles I used a few ingredients I had on hand: Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks, dairy-free butter, powdered sugar (you can buy corn free powdered sugar if you can’t do corn products), and a lime.
I only have one chocolate mold and it makes chocolates that look more like peanut butter cups, so I used a plastic insert from a box of candy. Not even kidding! If you ever by a box of chocolates, and the plastic tray they sit on is thick and pliable, save it! They make great molds and let’s be honest, they are free.
If you don’t have a candy or chocolate mold, you can get one off Amazon. Here’s a link to a great chocolate mold (affiliate).
One of the things I love most about making my own Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Lime Truffles is that it’s simple, and I know exactly what we are putting into our bodies with these tasty little treats. They are super creamy, and they melt perfectly in your mouth.
If you love chocolate, lime, or a combination of both you are going to swoon over these truffles. They are ready in less than 30 minutes, and the store really well in the refrigerator or freezer.
Do you love chocolate treats as much as I do? If so, you might want to check out my Gluten-Free Caramallow Cups. If you are looking for something more on the healthy side, you’ll love these Paleo Chocolate Truffles.
- 10 oz. bag Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice (I used avocado oil)
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- Place mega chunks in a medium microwavable bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until mostly melted.
- Add oil and stir until smooth and combined.
- Spoon 1/2 -1 teaspoons worth of chocolate into the bottom of each chocolate mold well, depending on the size of your mold. You can also use a silicone mini cupcake pan if you don't have a mold.
- Place mold on a plate or cookie sheet and place it in the freezer while you prepare your creamy filling.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the chocolate mold from the freezer and spoon 1/2 teaspoons worth (depending on the size of your chocolate mold) into the center of each well.
- Spoon melted chocolate over the top and into the sides, until the filling is covered and the top of the chocolate is smooth.
- Place back in the freezer for one hour, or until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Webake 2-pack Silicone Chocolate Molds, Candy Molds, Mold for Chocolate,Keto Fat Bomb and Peanut Butter
M KITCHEN WORLD Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas Set | Rubber Spatula Kitchen Utensils Non-Stick for Cooking, Baking and Mixing | Ergonomic, Dishwasher Safe Bakeware Set of 4, Orange
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Serving Size:1 truffle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 12mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 0g