The smooth savory sauce, loaded with tender mushrooms, onions, and spices make this gluten-free vegan mushroom stroganoff a new favorite at dinner time.
We started the So Delicious Dairy Free Challenge on January 23rd and are feeling better already.
If you haven’t signed up yet, it’s not too late. The So Delicious Dairy Free Challenge comes with tons of resources including information on where dairy hides, other names for dairy (like whey, casein etc..), ideas for what foods to swap out when a recipe calls for dairy (like nutritional yeast).
It also comes with tips from experts, giveaways, and awesome prizes.
Even though I only ate about an ounce of cheese a day, I can really feel the difference from giving it up.
In just a few short days I feel more awake and “regular” if you know what I mean.
I’m having so much fun going through all my dairy-free recipes and menu planning.
It’s not to challenging to give up dairy if you know where to look for recipes.
Also, there are so many amazing dairy-free alternatives (So Delicious being one of our favorites) that you won’t miss a thing.
I plan on sharing more dairy-free recipes over the next three weeks.
I already have a bunch of dairy-free recipes on my site if you want to get jump started looking for recipes you or your family might enjoy.
Just this past weekend I shared a recipe for a decadent dessert – Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Ganache Cake.
It’s super rich and the perfect cake for chocolate lovers and it would be the perfect dessert to enjoy after this Gluten-Free Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff.
There will be a full week menu plan provided on Go Dairy Free at the end of the challenge to help people continue with dairy-free living.
Go Dairy Free has hundreds of recipes, all dairy-free, and is a great resource for anyone removing dairy from their diet, or simply looking for great dairy-free recipes.
- 8 ounces gluten-free vegan noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup So Delicious Plain Cultured Coconut Yogurt Alternative
- chives for garnish
- Cook noodles according to the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, sautéed onions and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- Add cornstarch, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir until combined and it starts to brown.
- Stir in broth and bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Continue to cook until thick.
- Add coconut "yogurt" and stir until well combined and heated through.
- Spoon the mushroom sauce over a serving of noodles and garnish with chives.