By/ Last Modified On January 15, 2023
Only ten ingredients in these vegan pumpkin cookies - soft, chewy, and packed with spices, these Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are quick to bake, and oh-so-delicious!
You are going to love this gluten-free pumpkin cookie recipe.
If you love vegan pumpkin cookies you might like my Paleo Pumpkin Porridge. It's also vegan.
For more recipe ideas check out my Gluten Free Recipes section.
Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
It's cookie season! Or, I should say - gluten-free pumpkin cookie season. If you've read any of my other gluten-free pumpkin recipe posts you know I eat pumpkin all year long.
For some reason the majority of vegan pumpkin cookie recipes don't surface until September or October (okay, not for "some reason", it's because pumpkin is a fall squash), which is considered pumpkin season by many food enthusiasts.
My girls and I love pumpkin cookies and we are so very in love with these Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cookies. They are soft and chewy, and have the perfect amount of pumpkin goodness (in my opinion).
Usually I load these Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cookies with Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips, but my girls insisted I make these ones with the mega chunks. I think they were strategically trying to work more chocolate into the cookie.
Can you blame them? Either way, we've been enjoying this cookies for some time now and love warming them up (to melt the mega chunks) before we devour them.
Can I use regular butter or another oil in this vegan pumpkin cookie recipe?
You can use regular butter or your oil of choice in this gluten-free vegan pumpkin cookie recipe. You should get the same results with both.
How to make gluten-free pumpkin cookies
- Add flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add vegan butter (or oil), pumpkin, and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and beat until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Mix until combined. Dough will be thick, you may have to use a spoon or your hands to mix the dough thoroughly.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet and press down slightly. Bake as directed.
Are oats gluten-free?
I get this question A LOT. Oats by nature are gluten-free naturally. Often they get contaminated while growing (for example, next to a wheat field), or during processing. Make sure to buy gluten-free oats or purity protocol oats.
What oats are purity protocol oats?
There are luckily quite a few company's now, but GF Harvest is my favorite. For a list of oats produced under the label purity protocol check out Gluten-Free Watchdogs Oats produced under a gluten-free purity protocol: Listing of suppliers and manufacturers.
One of the many amazing things about these Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Cookies is that they are super allergy-friendly.
They are free from the top 8, including gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, and coconut (unless you use coconut sugar by choice). So they are an all around champion of cookies.
You are going to love these gluten-free pumpkin cookies.
Did you make these vegan pumpkin cookies? Please leave a starred rating and a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- ½ cup gluten-free quick oats
- ½ cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar, if you can have coconut)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup vegan butter (or avocado oil)
- ½ cup canned or pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks (or mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, mix butter (or oil), pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Add in mega chunks and stir until well incorporated. Dough will feel oily, but don’t worry, the cookies won’t be after baking.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet and press down slightly. All 24 cookies should fit, and they won't spread when they bake.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until the center is set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in this vegan pumpkin cookie recipe.
- You can use regular butter or your oil of choice in this gluten-free vegan pumpkin cookie recipe. Just note, if you use butter it won't be vegan.
Serving Size:1 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g