Wow your guests with this simple but delicious Lemon Wok Asparagus.
Sometimes the simplest veggie dishes are the best. Especially when it comes to asparagus. You don’t have to do a lot to asparagus to bring out it’s sweet and inviting flavors. And that’s the way it should be.
You guys and gals already know that vegetables are good for you. If you keep it simple when you prepare your vegetable you will help preserve the vitamins and you will keep the dish healthy overall.
Load it up with cheese, cream, and butter and your dish (will most likely taste amazing) won’t be as healthy as originally planned.
Asparagus is a versatile vegetable, and it’s quite filling. I often cook up a big batch and chop up the leftovers for soups, stir fry, and to add to my morning scrambled eggs.
It’s available year-round in most regions, but warning: It gets expensive off season (which makes sense, all veggies and fruits do) because they have to import the asparagus from warmer climates.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cleaned and bottoms trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place asparagus and oil in a stove top wok (or frying pan).
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, rotating and stirring asparagus for even cooking.
- Add lemon juice and cover with a lid.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add salt to taste.
- Enjoy warm or cold.