Nacho Potato Power Bowl – Steamed potatoes topped with seasoned meat, cheese, cilantro, salsa, and sour cream. All the goodness of homemade nachos piled into a delicious potato power bowl.
This post is sponsored by Side Delights. We love Side Delight’s Steamables and enjoy them at mealtime.
Have you ever made a power bowl? It’s essentially a bowl full of incredibly healthy ingredients, and you can pile your bowl any way you like. Lately I’ve been enjoying power bowls for lunch and this Nacho Potato Power Bowl is a favorite of mine.
Nacho Potato Power Bowl’s are stacked with fingerling potatoes from Side Delights, a flavorful seasoned meat, fresh cherry tomatoes, avocado, salsa, and sour cream. It’s the perfect power bowl! And it’s simple to make.
We eat a lot of potatoes in our house – they are inexpensive, filling, and so versatile for cooking. With our busy schedules, I’ve been turning to Steamables. They are pre-washed and packaged in a microwaveable steaming bag. In 8 minutes, I can have hot, cooked potatoes on our plates.
Busy parents LOVE easy meal options, and potatoes are easy.
This Nacho Potato Power Bowl took me less than 30 minutes to make start to finish, and each of us built it that way we wanted. When I freeze pre-cooked meat in advance, I can have these power bowls on the table in 10 minutes flat.
If you don’t eat meat, you can leave it off, or top with your favorite protien source. Some favorites are seasoned tofu or black beans. My husband used cheddar cheese on his Nacho Potato Power Bowl, while my daughters and I used a dairy-free cheese. You can make this Nacho Potato Power Bowl dairy-free by using dairy-free products.
Potato power bowl options from other bloggers (just check to make sure all ingredients are gluten-free): Southwest Potato Bowl (Vegetarian Mamma), Potato Fajita Bowl (Souffle Bombay), Twice Baked Potato Bowl (Bitzngiggles), Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl (Healthy Delicious), Savory Potato Breakfast Bowl (Allergylicious), Quick chicken bacon potato bowl with buttery leeks (Half Her Size).
- 1 bag fingerling Steamables (2 cups of cooked fingerling potatoes), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb. ground beef (turkey, chicken, pork, and tofu work too)
- 6-8 teaspoons Taco Seasoning
- Cheese of choice (dairy-free or regular)
- 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Sour cream and salsa to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Brown meat in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add Taco Seasoning and mix until evenly distributed. If the meat is low in fat, add 1/4 cup water and simmer down until all water is gone.
- Steam potatoes in the microwave then divide equally into 2 bowls or containers.
- Top cooked potatoes with meat, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1963 Total Fat: 139g Carbohydrates: 70g Protein: 104g
Thank you to Side Delights for sponsoring this post!