Can’t have oats? No problem! Overnight Paleo Porridge is just as easy to make, and just as tasty. You will be amazed at how easy and filling it is. Get it ready the night before and enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast the next morning.
Have you heard of overnight oats? Well its basically oats, some liquid (usually milk), chia seeds, and fixings – at least that’s what the majority of the recipes call for.
You mix it all together and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
It’s Genius! and such an easy way to make a healthy gluten free breakfast you can grab on-the-go.
So many people can’t tolerate oats, or have removed them from their diet but still need quick breakfast options.
I like to make breakfast the night before, and have it ready to either eat or grab-and-g0 with.
This Overnight Paleo Porridge is one of my go-to breakfasts, or after workout snacks.
This porridge is Gluten Free, Grain Free, and Paleo. Whoot!
This recipe uses only five ingredients and take less than five minutes to make.
Enjoy it cold in the morning or heat it up and eat it warm.
You can top it off with any of your favorite gluten free ingredients, making it exactly the way you like it.
Some of my favorite toppings or add-in are:
- chopped nuts and seeds
- nut butters
- protein powders
- dried or fresh fruit
Anything you would put on oatmeal you can put on this tasty, healthy, Paleo Porridge.
It’s best to enjoy this Overnight Paleo Porridge within 24 hours.
If you are like me, and you like to do meal prep for the week all on the same day, you could put the dry ingredients into a jar and add the dairy-free milk and maple syrup the night before.
Looking for more quick breakfast recipes? Try my One Bowl Grain-Free Hot Cereal.
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed (flax seed meal)
- 1 cup (8 oz.) coconut milk (or almond milk, just check the label to make sure it fits your diet)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl or 12 oz glass jar. Add in the coconut milk and maple syrup and stir until the milk absorbs the dry ingredients. Let it sit for a couple of minutes. Stir it again, cover it, and refrigerate overnight. When you're ready to enjoy your porridge (cold or heated), top it with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- This porridge is best if enjoyed withing 24 hours of making.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 353 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 25g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 24mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 10g Protein: 4g