Chewy around the edges and soft in the middle, these Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are simple to make and quick to bake. This paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe has a special ingredient in it that adds depth and gives this paleo cookie its incredible texture. You are going to love these almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
For more grain-free and paleo recipes visit my Paleo Recipes archive.
Easy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
I'll just get right to it, the special ingredient in these almond flour chocolate chip cookies is flax seed meal (ground flax seed). I've tried so many paleo cookie recipes that were good but I couldn't find one that had the same texture of a regular bakery style chocolate chip cookie. After many tests I found that flax seed meal was the key to these paleo chocolate chip cookies.
The flax seed meal in this paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe adds some extra fiber, really helps shape the cookies, and gives these paleo cookies the PERFECT texture. Please make them and then come back and tell me how impressed you are. Most people can't believe how good these almond flour chocolate chip cookies are.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond flour plays the biggest role in this almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe. I haven't tested this recipe with other flour blends or coconut flour. For a great coconut flour version check out the Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies from Low Carb Yum.
Working with almond flour when making almond flour chocolate chip cookies can be tricky if you're not used to it. Remember when measuring almond flour to spoon your flour into your measuring cup, then level it. Do not dip your measuring cup into the flour then level, it will be too much almond flour.
How to make Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can make these healthy chocolate chip cookies in just a few simple steps:
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric beater, beat together the coconut oil (or butter if you do dairy) and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the almond flour, flax seed meal, salt, and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips). Place in the refrigerator while you preheat your oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough into balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the center is set and the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and slide the parchment paper off the baking sheet onto a cool surface.
See the recipe card and instruction below for the ingredients for these almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients in Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
For this healthy chocolate chip recipe, I use a few simple ingredients that most people have on hand.
- Coconut Oil (or butter)
- Coconut Sugar
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Extract
- Almond Flour
- Flax seed meal (ground flax seeds)
- Baking Soda
- Chopped Dark Chocolate (or paleo friendly chocolate chips)
For the list of ingredients with amounts, please see the paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe below.
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
We love these almond flour chocolate chip cookies. Almond flour is such an incredible ingredient to work with. It adds texture, a nutty flavor, and sweetness to any healthy chocolate chip cookie. We hope you love these paleo chocolate chip cookies as much as we do.
What Chocolate Chips are Paleo
- Enjoy Life Foods Chocolate Chips are considered Paleo Friendly
- Lily's makes a keto and paleo friendly chocolate chip
- 90% dark chocolate, chopped
- Paleo Chocolate Chunks
You really want to look for brands that only use cocoa and sugar. Avoid cheaper brands of chocolate chips that have extra ingredients.
Looking for more paleo cookie recipes? You might like my Grain-Free Thumbprint Cookies. For keto cookies, check out this Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. If you can't do almond flour, you might like these Coconut Flour Cookies.
Did you make these paleo chocolate chip cookies? Please leave a starred rating and a comment below letting me know what you thought.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra. This nutrition info is an estimate based on the exact amounts and brands used in this recipe. Please double check the nutrition information of the actual branded products you use.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
This nutrition info is an estimate based on the exact amounts and brands used in this recipe. Please double check the nutrition information of the actual branded products you use.