Gluten-Free Pumpkin bread is great any time of the year! This easy, quick, gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe uses only a handful of ingredients and is tender and delightfully flavorful.
If you love pumpkin, you’re going to want to check out my Paleo Pumpkin Muffins. More of a muffin person, you will swoon over my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins. You can also check out my post on Best Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes.
You’ll find more gluten-free recipes like this one in my Gluten-Free Breads and Muffins section.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Do you like to bake with wholesome products? I love using stable flour blends, and blends that are whole grain and healthy for my family. We’ve been using RYZE Gluten-Free Flour recently and love the flavors and textures that RYZE adds to recipes. This Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread works well with Ryze, my gluten-free flour blend, or Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1.
If you start with a good flour blend and you add in healthy ingredients like pumpkin and spices you’ll end up with an amazing and healthy baked treat, like this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread!
For this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe you’ll want to use pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. You can use store bought, or make your own pumpkin puree for this pumpkin bread.
This gluten-free pumpkin bread was a huge hit with my family and friends. Everyone was eager to test taste it as the wonderful smells filled our home. The flavor and textures were exactly what we expected in a good gluten-free pumpkin bread, and the loaf stayed moist for days.
Some of us ate this pumpkin bread plain while others dressed it up with dairy-free butter and honey – divine. After the butter and honey taste test, we moved into more of a savory path and spread some almond butter on it, followed shortly by sunflower seed butter. I’m happy to report it was wonderful plain and delicious with spreads.
Can I make gluten-free vegan pumpkin bread?
While I haven’t tested this recipe with egg substitutes to make it vegan, it is dairy-free. If you need egg free or vegan Beaming Baker has an incredible Gluten-Free Vegan Pumpkin Bread. I will test this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe with flax egg and when I do I’ll come back and update this post.
Pumpkin is such a wonderful squash. It has tons of health benefits and makes almost anything taste better. I love adding pumpkin to my baked goods and smoothies and will sneak it into other dishes when no one is looking.
One of the many things I love about this particular gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe is that it is light, moist (but not wet), and not too sugary. Some quick breads leave a sugar-film in your mouth, but not this one.
What nuts go well with gluten-free pumpkin bread?
This gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe doesn’t call for nuts but I LOVE adding pumpkin seeds to the top, or the occasional 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts. The mild flavors of each of these nuts add a delicious touch without taking away from the pumpkin.
How to make gluten-free pumpkin bread – step by step
- Preheat the oven and lightly grease a metal loaf pan; set aside
- Place the pumpkin, eggs, oil, and almond milk in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, blend until creamy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. If desired sprinkle the top with rolled oats or pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry and center is set. Allow to cool in the pan before removing to a wire rack. Slice when completely cooled.
For the list of ingredients and complete directions please see the recipe card below.
Tips for making gluten-free pumpkin bread
- It’s best to start with ingredients at room temperature, but not required.
- Use a high quality flour blend. I’ve tested this recipe with Ryze, my homemade flour blend, and Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
- When measuring the flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cup, then level. Never scoop your measuring cup into the flour, it add too much flour.
- Use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- You can use a regular milk, or dairy-free milk in this recipe.
If you are looking for a quick gluten-free pumpkin bread mix to keep on hand, you can either stir the dry ingredients for this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe and store it for future use or you can purchase a store bought gluten-free pumpkin bread mix.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix
- Trader Joes Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Mix
- King Arther Flour Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Mix
- Simple Mills – Naturally Gluten-Free Muffin & Bread Almond Flour Mix Pumpkin
- Sun Flour Mills Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake and Pumpkin Bread Mix
- Pamela’s Pumpkin Bread Mix
- Williams Sonoma (Gluten-Free) Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Quick Bread
- Sur La Table Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Quick Bread
More Gluten-Free Pumpkin Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spiced Corn Bread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten Free Maple Pecan Pumpkin Muffins
- Healthy Sweet Potato – if you can’t do pumpkin
Did you make this gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe? If so, I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a starred rating and a comment below.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1368mgCarbohydrates: 29gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g