This Microwaveable Gluten-Free Berry Pie is easy to make and is ready in minutes. It’s grain-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and refined-sugar free making it also Paleo friendly.
I love pie. Any kind of pie. Apple pie, berry pie, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, pot pie… I’m sure you get the idea. And I’m the only one in my house who likes pie, with the exception of pot pie.
My husband and girls love my Gluten-Free Chicken Pot Pie, and they can inhale a whole pot pie in a matter of minutes. But that’s not why we’re here; we are here about MY love for pie – and YOURS!
Since I’m the only one in my house that likes pie I don’t tend to make it unless we’re going to a potluck or dinner party. Otherwise I would end up eating the whole thing and go into a pie-comma.
So how do we pie-lovers enjoy our pie without overindulging? We make a Microwaveable Gluten-Free Berry Pie in a jar! It’s like a mug cake, but with pie instead. Genius, right?
This Microwaveable Gluten-Free Berry Pie in a jar is not only super delicious, it’s healthy as well. You don’t have to top yours with ice cream, but I like to every once in a while for an extra indulgent treat.
There are all kinds of dairy-free, and healthy ice cream options out there, so you’ll have to choose the one that works best for your diet.
Microwaveable pies are easy to make and they take less than five minutes. With a few ingredients and a couple of small jars you can have a delicious, piping hot, gluten-free berry pie in a jar to satisfy any sweet tooth.
This Quick Gluten-Free Berry Pie in a Jar is serves two so you can share with a friend or save the other for another treat. Enjoy!
[i]For the filling -[/i][br]
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries of choice (or frozen and thawed) - I used a mix of berries
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
[i]For the topping -[/i][br]
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or meal)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- small pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- optional ingredient: dairy-free vanilla ice cream, or your favorite ice cream
- For the filling: divide the berries between two small jars (if you don't have any jars, you could use mugs). Add 1 teaspoon coconut sugar to each jar and stir to combine.
- For the topping: In a small mixing bowl stir together the almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave (about 30 seconds) and add to the almond flour mixture. Stir until all ingredients are evenly coated with coconut oil.
- Spoon the topping onto the top of the berry mixture evenly between the two jars. Using your spoon, press down on the topping until it is flat and compact.
- Microwave for 90 seconds. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy it plain or topped with your favorite dairy-free vanilla ice cream.
Serving Size:1 jar
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 678 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 58mg Sodium: 174mg Carbohydrates: 67g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 50g Protein: 12g