This Easy and quick Gluten-Free Sausage and Shrimp Appetizer is a huge hit at parties and will leave your guests asking for your recipe! It’s the perfect gluten free party food and you’ll love how easy this gluten free appetizer is to make.
For a list of the best gluten free appetizers check out my post on Gluten Free Appetizers.
Whether you’re planning a fancy dinner party, or you’re getting ready to watch the Superbowl with friends, these spicy Sausage & Shrimp appetizers will wow your taste buds.
With only 5 ingredients from shrimp to dip, these tasty little finger food snacks are easy to make and take less then 15 minutes to prepare.
If you’re not a fan of spicy-hot foods, you can swap out the spicy sausage for a mild or sweet sausage and skip the dip.
Lay them out on a white plate to help the colors pop, garnish with cilantro, and viola! You have a food magazine-worthy appetizer stealing the show on your table.
I came up with the idea for this appetizer on accident. We had last minute guests show up and my husband asked them if they wanted to stay for dinner. I had some sausage and shrimp in the freezer and needed to come up with something fast. Luckily both defrost pretty quickly. You can use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe, I just had frozen on hand.
Because the were both cooked through prior to being frozen, I only had to defrost them for a few minutes before making this shrimp appetizer recipe.
Shrimp Appetizer Ingredients
- medium cooked shrimp with the tail off (about 30 shrimp)
- spicy Italian sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- chopped cilantro
- sriracha sauce
For the full list of ingredients in this spicy sausage and shrimp appetizer, see the recipe card below.
Is sriracha gluten free
Yes, most brands of sriracha are gluten free. Sriracha doesn’t usually have wheat in it but always check labels in the case the ingredients have changed.
More Shrimp Appetizers
How to make Sausage and Shrimp Appetizers
This sausage and shrimp appetizer is super easy to make. I pan fried the sausage and shrimp, and severed them on little toothpicks. Every good appetizer needs something to dip it in so I mixed some mayo and sriracha together. I don’t know why I’d never mixed Mayo and Sriracha together before. It was magical.
Looking for more appetizers? Love this Sausage & Shrimp Appetizer with Sriracha Mayo? You won’t want to miss my gluten-free Tomato Bacon Cups or my Gluten-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip Bites. These Keto Deviled Eggs are also easy to make.
Did you make this sausage and shrimp appetizer? Please leave me a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 1/2 pound medium cooked shrimp with the tail off (about 30 shrimp)
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Cook the sausage rounds over medium heat until cooked through and they start to brown.
- Remove the cooked sausage rounds to a plate covered with a paper towel. Leave drippings in the pan.
- Add your shrimp to your pan and heat through (1-2 minutes), stirring them around to absorb the sausage drippings.
- Remove the pan from the burner and let shrimp cool for 3-5 minutes, or enough that you are able to pick them up with your hands.
- Skewer one shrimp and one round of sausage onto wooden toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining shrimp and sausage.
- Arrange on a plate and garnish with cilantro.
- For the sriracha mayo, place the mayo and sriracha sauce in a bowl and stir to combined. Serve it alongside your appetizer for a spicy and tasty appetizer.
Serving Size:2 shrimp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g