Two Ingredient Marshmallow Fudge that is ready in less then ten minutes, smooth, rich and perfect for fudge-lovers. This fudge is gluten-free, dairy-free, and free of the top allergens.
This recipe was sponsored by Enjoy Life Foods. Opinions are my own.
This Two Ingredient Marshmallow Fudge is free from the top allergens making it the perfect treat to share at parties and as a gift. It’s one of my go-to treats when I am in a pinch for time or if I’m serving a crowd.
With only two ingredients required, most people leading a gluten-free lifestyle will have both ingredients on hand.
There’s no cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, or powdered milk required to make this Two Ingredient Marshmallow Fudge.
The two ingredients in this Two Ingredient Marshmallow Fudge are marshmallows and Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels. You can use the Enjoy Life Foods Mega Chunks, or the Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mini Chips if you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate.
Just a note, after you heat up the chocolate, and the marshmallows you need to mix this quickly. The mixture is sticky and quickly starts to solidify.
Steps (also noted in the recipe below):
- line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper, and then spray it with oil
- measure the Enjoy Life Foods Dark Chocolate Morsels
- measure the marshmallows
- in a microwaveable safe bowl, heat up the chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted
- in a separate large microwave able safe bowl, heat the marshmallows for 30 – 60 seconds – they should puff up
- stir the chocolate into the marshmallows until it is evenly incorporated
- quickly spoon the fudge mixture into the loaf pan and press it down with your hands until its level – mixture will be sticky
- place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cut it
- using a sharp (and oiled) knife, cut the fudge into squares
Are marshmallows gluten-free?
Most marshmallows don’t contain glutinous ingredients but the occasional few do. Sometimes they use wheat, or barley malt in marshmallows. If you are sensitive to cross contamination you will want to read labels to determine if the marshmallows were processed in a facility that also processes wheat.
The following brands of marshmallows are gluten-free at the time of this post. Please always check labels as products can change. Some of them contain other allergens.
- Elyon Natural Vanilla Marshmallows
- Trader Joes Mini Marshmallows
- Campfire Giant Roasters
- Paskesz Marshmallows
Several of my local brand stores also carry gluten-free marshmallows like Fred Meyer and Safeway. Check your local store to see if they carry a gluten-free marshmallow as they are usually less expensive.
Tips for making two ingredient marshmallow fudge:
- Make sure your chocolate is melted and smooth before stirring in the marshmallows
- This mixture immediately begins to firm as soon as you mix the chocolate into the marshmallow, stir quickly, using a metal spoon is recommended
- To help prevent the marshmallows from sticking to the bowl, spray the bowl with cooking spray before heating up the marshmallows
Fudge stir-in ingredients
If you’d like to stir in any flavored extracts, seeds, or nuts you’ll want to stir them into the melted chocolate before you add the chocolate to the marshmallows. I’ve tried vanilla and mint extract, and have stirred in 1/4 cup of various chopped nuts or seeds for variation.
Can I use marshmallow fluff in this fudge recipe?
Yes, use equal amounts of marshmallow fluff to make this marshmallow fudge. I recommend heating up the marshmallow fluff for 30 seconds. This will prevent the chocolate from solidifying when it is mixed with the marshmallow fluff.
Happy cooking and baking!
Pin for later:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, spray the parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium size microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate morsels for 30 seconds at a time (approximately 90 seconds total), stirring and repeating until melted and smooth; set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, heat marshmallows for 30 – 60 seconds or until they puff up.
- Immediately stir the melted chocolate into the melted marshmallows. The mixture will start to thicken the moment you stir it in, so stir fast and give it all you’ve got. Metal spoons work best.
- Spoon mixture into your prepared pan, and spread it until it’s even.
- Place the fudge into the freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove the parchment paper from the pan and cut the fudge into serving sized bars.
- Store in refrigerator.