Hi, I’m Chrystal
I’m the recipe developer and writer behind glutenfreepalate.com. I come from a family with a history of cooking and baking, and I’ve been an avid baker since I was little. I started developing gluten-free recipes in 2009 when my daughters and I both tested positive for Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerance. Since then we’ve found out that my side of the family and my husbands side of the family carry the celiac gene, with several family members being diagnosed with Celiac Desease.
I started Gluten-Free Palate in March of 2013 so I could share gluten-free recipes, showing people how easy gluten-free baking and cooking can be. I didn’t want anyone to feel like they couldn’t enjoy food so I set out to create simple, delicious gluten-free recipes.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND AT GLUTEN-FREE PALATE
- Simple to make gluten-free recipes that everyone will love. I don’t use expensive ingredients or complicated steps. Most of my recipes are gluten-free baked treats and gluten-free desserts but you’ll also find a great collection of gluten-free dinners, sides, and appetizers.
- Tested recipes that have been carefully crafted using gluten-free ingredients. I test my recipes several times for repeatability (meaning that you can make them too) and with different ingredients for substitutions. My oldest daughter and I can’t have most forms of dairy, so often my gluten-free recipes are also dairy-free or have a dairy-free option.
- Gluten-Free Travel Articles showing the places we’ve traveled and found gluten-free restaurants and bakeries. We LOVE TO travel and we hope you will too once you see all the amazing places you can travel and eat safely.
- Grain Free and Paleo Recipes – some of my most popular recipes are also grain-free and/or paleo friendly.
- Cookbooks and Ebooks – I published my first gluten-free cookbook in 2014.
I’ve contributed articles and recipes to several food publications, magazines and newspapers, including Gluten Free & More Magazine, My life with food Allergies, Gluten-Free Living, Oregonian, Travel Oregon, Go Dairy Free, Gluten-Free Portland, and many more.
As Featured On: