Easy Gluten-Free Lemon Bars that are sweet, tangy, and refreshing. You are going to love how quick this recipe pulls together.
This recipe was sponsored by Ryze. Opinions are my own.
Everybody needs a good Easy Gluten-Free Lemon Bar recipe in their recipe box, right? Lemon bars are a classic dessert, and they are perfect for parties, pot lucks, and the occasional weeknight dessert.
I’ve seen lemon bars circle through cookbooks that dated back to the 1930s, and I’m sure they were popular before that. Who knows when the first lemon bar recipe was created, but since then I’ve seen thousands of versions – each one with a slight adaption making it their version of the perfect lemon bar.
The first lemon bar I ever made was from the Better Homes and Garden cookbook. You know that one with the red plaid cover? That was the only cookbook my mom kept in the kitchen, and it was all I needed to start learning to bake.
Although this Easy Gluten-Free Lemon Bar recipe is similar because it uses the same standard ingredients of eggs, sugar, and lemon, this particular recipe used Ryze gluten-free flour for the base, and I used a few other ingredients to make them my perfect lemon bar.
The key to having your lemon bars turn out is:
- Using high quality ingredients
- Don’t substitute. Sorry! But this recipe works because of the combination of ingredients. If you need sugar-free, or paleo my friend Sandi from fearless dining has a Easy Paleo Lemon Bar that is divine.
- Use fresh lemon juice (not bottled). Bottled lemon juice can sometimes make things gel-like or gummy.
- Don’t pull them out of the oven too early, or you’ll have a glob of a mess. Even if the tops are dark brown (which is okay, you’ll dust powdered sugar on top and pretty them up).
- Let them set in the refrigerator for at least an hour, so they set up properly.
This isn’t a complicated recipe, but the results will be complicated if you don’t follow the recipe or instructions.
I have made Gluten-Free Lemon Bars before and had them not turn out. Not because the recipe wasn’t good, but because even the most avid bakers make mistakes. These Easy Gluten-Free Lemon bars have a yummy chewy, butter crust, the perfect custard-like filling, and a little crunch on the top. Like I mentioned before, the recipe is simple if you follow it.
Stop back by and let me know what you think!