Rich, fudgy flourless brownies with perfectly crinkled tops, studded with chocolate chips. This easy flourless brownie recipe uses minimal ingredients and is fail-proof.
This recipe has been in my family for a while. What sets it apart from other flourless brownies is the combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar, giving these brownies a rich, deep chocolate flavor with hints of caramel from the sugars.
There are only seven ingredients (not counting the optional chocolate chips) in this flourless brownie recipe and they are all found in most kitchens. This recipe only uses one bowl and it’s ready to pop into the oven in five minutes.
How to make flourless brownies:
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted. Whisk in the sugars until combined.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared pan and smooth the top. If desired, sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top.
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes only. Please see the printable recipe card below.
There are chocolate chips in the batter in addition to the option chocolate chips for the top. The combination of the chocolate chips, eggs, sugar, and butter are what gives these flourless brownies a glossy, crinkly top when they are done baking.
Tips for making flourless brownies:
- Use unsalted butter so you can add salt to taste. Salt enhances the chocolate flavors.
- If you need to eat gluten-free, make sure your chocolate chips are gluten free.
- Use unsweetened cocoa.
- You can use all granulated sugar if you don’t have brown sugar.
- The eggs don’t need to be at room temperature.
- Let these brownies cool completely before slicing.
I haven’t tried this recipe with an egg replacer, if I do I will make sure to update this post.
Dairy-Free Flourless Brownies
You can use a dairy-free butter like earth balance and dairy-free chocolate chips to make these dairy-free flourless brownies.
How do you know when flourless brownies are done cooking?
They are done baking when the top and sides are set, the top is shiny and crackly, but the center is still a bit soft and slightly jiggly.
Do I need to use hand beaters?
If you don’t have electric hand beaters, you can whisk in each ingredient. Just note that the batter will be thick.
These flourless brownies are naturally gluten free, so if you’re looking for a good gluten-free brownie recipe, this one is as simple as it gets. This recipe is hard to mess up and you’ll never be able to tell that they are gluten-free.
More brownie recipes:
Did you make these flourless brownies? Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra. This nutrition info is based on the exact ingredients and brands that I used a the time. It may not be 100% accurate. Please check your ingredients nutrition labels.
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
This nutrition info is based on the exact ingredients and brands that I used a the time. It may not be 100% accurate. Please check your ingredients nutrition labels.