Super rich, fudgey, and packed with incredible ingredients, these Grain-Free Hazelnut Brownies are a brownie game-changer. You’re going to fall in love them and swoon over how simple they are to make.
Disclosure: These brownies are made with Rodelle Vanilla Extract. Although this post was not sponsored by Rodelle, I’m an ambassador and I love their products.
Have you ever tried a Ferrero Rocher? If you don’t know what I am talking about Ferrero Rochers are little chocolate hazelnut balls of deliciousness. They were one of my favorite candies until going gluten-free. I wish they’d make them gluten-free. I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and hazelnuts.
I’ve been craving chocolate and hazelnuts like mad lately. I’d reach for the Nutella, but that could be dangerous – I’d eat too much. We’ve been making more grain-free recipes lately and I’ve been having fun with hazelnut flour.
These Grain-Free Hazelnut Brownies are one of the first recipes I’ve made with hazelnut flour, and they are amazing.
You can buy hazelnut flour (or meal) at the store but it’s usually super expensive, in my opinion. To save money and ensure that my hazelnut flour is fresh for these Grain-Free Hazelnut Brownies, I bought hazelnuts and made my own flour out of them.
Hazelnuts are about half the prize of hazelnut flour. Simply put 1 cup of hazelnuts at a time into your blender or food processor and blend until the hazelnuts are chopped into a fine meal.
Don’t over-blend though or you’ll end up with hazelnut butter (which is still delicious, it just wont work for this Grain-Free Hazelnut Brownie recipe).
This Grain-Free Hazelnut Brownie recipe only uses one bowl, and is ready to pop in the oven in less than 5 minutes.
The center of each brownie is super fudgey while the tops are slightly crispy and have a nice little surface crinkle to them. Perfect!
Hazelnuts can be strong in flavor. I found that a combination of almond meal/flour and hazelnut meal/flour provided the best overall flavor. You can use all hazelnut flour if you want, but they will be really hazelnut-y.
Can’t do hazelnuts? No problem. Sharon from What the Fork Food Blog has a recipe for super Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 4 oz. of gluten-free dairy-free chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (regular sugar works too)
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hazelnut flour (or meal)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (or meal)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free dairy-free chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch metal baking pan; set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat oil and 4 oz. of chocolate chunks for 30 seconds at a time until melted (about 60 seconds total). You can also heat the oil and chocolate over a pan of boiling water to melt it.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in the hazelnut and almond flours just until combined.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of chocolate chunks and stir until combined.
- Spoon the brownie batter into the pan and spread until even.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702 Total Fat: 65g Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 7g