Gluten-Free Brownies that are rich, chocolaty and cake-like. I’ve included instructions for making thick gf brownies or frosted gluten free brownies. You can enjoy this gluten free brownies recipe as is or if you can’t have dairy you can make them gluten free dairy free brownies.
If you can’t consume eggs I have a gluten free vegan brownie recipe you’re going to love!
For more desserts, you can check out my Gluten-Free Desserts recipes.
Gluten Free Brownies
Lately I’ve been making sure I have all the staple gluten free recipes for you. I have almost 300 recipes and all of them are easy to make and gluten free. These gluten free brownies are from my cookbook and I’ve decided it’s time to share them. These gluten free brownies can be made into gluten free dairy free brownies with a few simple substitutions.
Some of my favorite staple gluten free recipes are my Gluten Free Pizza Crust, Gluten Free Pancakes, and my Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcakes. They are all simple to make like this gluten free brownie recipe.
Tips for making gluten free brownies
- Always double check that your ingredients are gluten free and that they haven’t passed the expiration date.
- If possible, use room temperature ingredients. The ingredients mix better, and coat the flour better.
- Use a high quality gluten free flour blend. I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour for this recipe.
- When measuring your gluten free flour spoon your flour into your measuring cup then level, don’t scoop then level.
- Let your oven site for 5 minutes after the preheat cycle is complete to allow the oven temperature to even out.
If you have any questions on how to make gluten free brownies, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.
How to make gluten free brownies
- Preheat your oven and add the sugar, melted butter, and cocoa to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Add the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix until combined. Batter will be runny.
- Add the gluten free flour baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined.
- If you want fudgy gluten free brownies, add in the optional chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Pour your gluten free brownie batter into a pan.
- Bake until the center is set. If desired, frost for frosted gluten free brownies.
It’s easy to make gluten free brownies from scratch and a lot less expensive than purchasing a gluten free brownie mix at the store.
Gluten Free Cake Brownies
For gluten free cake brownies, pour your batter into a 9X9 square baking pan and bake for 28-35 minutes. Reducing the pan size delivers thicker gf brownies. The air pockets formed during baking in a smaller pan gives these brownies and extra lift, making them more cake-like.
Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies
If you want more of a fudgy gluten free brownie, follow the directions below of using a 13 X 9 pan or a 15 X 10 pan and add in the optional chocolate chips. The chocolate chips will melt and weight down the batter slightly, delivering a more fudge like brownie.
Gluten Free Brownie Mix
Did you know that you can mix the dry ingredients for gluten free brownies and store them as a gluten free brownie mix? Simply place your dry ingredients in a jar or a container and when you are ready to bake your gf brownies add in the wet ingredients and bake as directed. You can even add the chocolate chips to your dry gluten free brownie mix before storing.
Frosted Gluten Free Brownies
If you’re like me then you appreciate a good frosted gluten free brownie. If you do want to frost gluten free brownies you can either use your favorite frosting, or you can mix up the frosting from my gluten free chocolate cake and use it.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Brownies
For this recipe, I’ve tested making gluten free dairy free brownies with a dairy free butter, dairy free milk, and dairy free chocolate chips. I haven’t tried making these dairy free using oil. I imagine it’d be even closer to a cake texture.
Again, if you have any questions on how to make gluten free brownies please let me know. I’ve given you instructions on how to make frosted gluten free brownies, fudgy gluten free brownies and gluten free cake brownies. This easy gluten free brownies recipe is pretty versatile and no matter which brownie you prefer you are going to love this recipe.
Did you make this gluten free brownie recipe? Please leave a starred rating and a comment below letting me know which way you made them, what flour blend you used, and what you thought!
Happy Cooking and Baking,
of oven. Grease a 13x9x2” pan; set aside. See notes below for different brownie options.
Use a high quality gluten free flour blend. I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour for this recipe.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 146 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 91mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 2g