By/ Last Modified On August 24, 2023
This ultimate Gluten-Free Vegan Mug Brownie is quick, easy, and deliciously rich.
This perfectly tender, fudgy vegan mug brownie uses only a handful of ingredients that most people have in their kitchens, and it's ready in minutes!
Gluten-Free Mug Brownie
Every once in a while, I want a quick treat and I don't want to mix up a whole batch of something. I love mug desserts, like this vegan mug brownie.
Mug desserts are usually ready in under 5 minutes. This gluten-free vegan mug brownie recipe makes two vegan mug brownies.
If you want to bake up a batch of brownies, check out my Gluten Free Vegan Brownies recipe.
Working with Gluten-Free Flours
When working with or measuring gluten-free flour, spoon the flour into the measuring cup and level. Do not scoop your measuring cup into the gluten-free flour.
The best method really is to weigh the gluten-free flour, but I don't have the ingredient weights for this vegan mug brownie yet.
Vegan Mug Brownie Recipe
I've been testing out this new vegan mug brownie recipe, and I'm excited that I've perfected it. The timing is perfect, and I'm excited to share it with you.
It's rich, gooey, fudgy, and SUPER easy to make. Just mix, microwave, and devour!
There are no eggs, dairy, or gluten, making it gluten-free and vegan. It makes a to-die-for Gluten-Free Vegan Mug Brownie Sundae.
You'll be amazed at how perfect the textures and flavors are in this gluten-free mug brownie, without the eggs and dairy.
Ingredients in Vegan Mug Brownies
Gluten-Free Flour - If you're not gluten-free, you can use regular AP flour. We used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 in this vegan mug brownie recipe.
Brown Sugar - We love the rich flavor that brown sugar adds, but you can use granulated sugar, if desired.
Cocoa - Remember to buy a high-quality cocoa.
Oil - You can use your oil of choice or melted and cooled vegan butter.
Dairy-Free Milk - We used plain almond milk.
Vanilla - Use a pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
Chocolate Chips - We used Enjoy Life Foods baking morsels, but you can use your favorite vegan chocolate chips.
If you have any questions about this gluten-free vegan mug brownie, please leave me a comment below, and I will get back to you.
What other milk can I use in this vegan mug brownie?
For this recipe, I used almond milk, but you can use your favorite dairy-free milk, flavored or plain. You can use regular milk or your milk of choice.
I recommend you don't use buttermilk or full-fat coconut milk. The milk is too thick, and has too much fat for the rest of the ingredients.
Other Mug Desserts
Just look at that photo! Amazing, right? And it's the perfect solution for when you have a sweet tooth and you want something quick or don't want to turn on the oven.
Don't miss our amazing recipe for Gluten Free Brownies that everyone loves!
Did you make this gluten-free mug brownie? Please leave me a comment below, letting me know what you thought.
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons dairy-free milk (or milk of choice)
- pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free vegan dark chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl until combined.
- Grease an 8 oz. microwavable mug or two 4 oz. ramekins.
- Microwave for 60 seconds for one mug or 40 seconds each if you split into two ramekins.
- Using an oven glove, remove from the microwave and cool for at least 5 minutes.
- If desired, top this vegan mug brownie with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for a mug brownie sundae.
- I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in this vegan mug brownie.
- You can use your oil of choice, or melted and cooled vegan butter.
- You can use your favorite vegan chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate.
- This vegan mug brownie is perfect with a little sprinkle of sea salt on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Galanz GLCMKZ07GNR07 Retro Countertop Microwave Oven with Auto Cook & Reheat, Defrost, Quick Start Functions, Easy Clean with Glass Turntable, Pull Handle.7 cu ft, Green
Sweese 8 oz Ramekins Set of 6, Creme Brulee Ramekins Oven Safe, Porcelain Ramiken Set, Souffle, Custard Cups for Baking and Ice Cream Bowl, White, 501.001
Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, 22-ounce (Pack of 4)
Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa Powder Dutch Processed 25 Oz.
Rodelle Organics Baker's Extract 16oz
Enjoy Life Foods Baking Dark Chocolate Morsels, Soy, Nut, Glute & Dairy free, Non GMO, Vegan, Paleo, 9 Oz (Pack of 6)
Serving Size:1 sundae
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 663Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 41gProtein: 7g