Satisfy your sweet tooth in less than five minutes with this Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie. There are only a few ingredients and a couple simple steps in this gluten free mug cookie.
Gluten Free Mug Cookie
When I have a sweet tooth and I don’t want to make a mess of my kitchen, I turn to mug desserts. They are easy, fast, and are virtually mess free. This is a one mug recipe, meaning it serves one (yay, you don’t have to share).
You will only need to wash the mug and the spoon that you licked clean. If you’re not a fan of chocolate chips, swap them out for vanilla chips or butterscotch chips. Just make sure they are gluten-free.
I love that this gluten free mug cookie is ready in less than five minutes and that I don’t need to bake up a whole batch of Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies to curve my craving for cookies.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
My girls were really excited when I made this mug cookie for dessert yesterday. I split the dough between two mugs (yes, they got half a cookie) and microwaved them for 30 seconds.
No mess for me and chocolate covered smiles for them. Everyone was happy.
How to make a gluten free chocolate chip mug cookie
- Place butter and sugars in a large microwaveable mug (10-14oz). Heat in the microwave until butter is melted, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add vanilla, salt, and egg yolk. Stir until combined.
- Add flour, then stir again.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix just until evenly incorporated.
- Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until risen and firm on the top. The time may vary depending on the size and shape of your mug. I recommend starting with the lowest time and adding time if needed. Do not cook past one minute, just like a regular cookie, this will continue cooking as it cools.
- Serve warm with ice cream or eat it plain with a spoon.
For the full list of instructions and ingredients please see the recipe card below.
Ingredients in Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
- butter (or dairy-free butter)
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar, packed
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- egg yolk (or flaxegg)
- gluten-free flour blend
- chocolate chips
Can’t bring yourself to eat a cookie out of a mug? No problem! You can also use microwaveable safe ramekins. I usually use mugs, but ramekins work really well when you want to turn your cookie into a cookie sundae.
To sundae, or not to sundae? That is the question. What would you do?
If you like easy gluten-free mug cookies and cakes you might also like my Gluten-Free Mug Coffee Cake. If you are looking for a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ll want to bake up a batch of these Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Did you make this gluten free chocolate chip mug cookie? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
Serving Size: 1/2 mug cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 8g