The best gluten free chocolate chip cookies! With crunchy edges and a chewy center, no one will be able to tell that these chocolate chip cookies are gluten free. I’ve included in process photos and tips so you are set up for success when making this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
For more cookie recipes check out my Gluten Free Cookies section.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have the best gluten free chocolate chip recipe for you. Remember the Nestle cookie recipe that many of us loved growing up? This gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is just as easy, and the cookies bake up into the perfect gluten free chocolate chips cookies.
No need to use melted butter or wait for the cookie dough to chill. Mix up the gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough and bake. Try not to eat too much gluten free cookie dough while you bake your chocolate chip cookies.
Gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough (or any cookie dough with egg) isn’t really safe to eat because of the raw eggs. I’ve been eating it for years and haven’t been sick. Knock on wood! Please make sure you read all labels and only do what’s best for you.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chips
Not all chocolate chips are gluten free, but most are. What you really need to pay attention to in addition to the ingredients, is if they were processed in a facility that also processes wheat ingredients.
Here are some of our favorite gluten free chocolate chips.
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Pasha (for dairy-free and vegan)
If you have a favorite chocolate chip that you use, please let me know which ones you’d use to make these gluten free chocolate chip cookies.
How to make gluten free chocolate chips cookies
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Mix for 1-2 minutes, letting the ingredients come together.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk rice flour, millet flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are well incorporated.
- Drop dough by measured tablespoonful, two inches apart, onto the baking sheet and bake as directed.
The numbers on these steps match the numbers on the photos. For the full list of ingredients quantities in this gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipes, please see the recipe below.
Tips for making the best gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- Start with room temperature ingredients.
- Make sure your butter is soft, not melted.
- Spoon flours into the measuring cup and level, don’t scoop the flour from the bag. I’ve included weight measurements for those who prefer to weigh the gluten free flours.
- Don’t change the recipe, follow it as directed.
- Always start with the lowest baking time and watch for doneness from there. Oven temperatures vary.
If you can’t have one of the ingredients listed in this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe please leave a comment and I will try to help you find a substitution.
Dairy-Free Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
You can use dairy-free butter and dairy-free chocolate chips in this recipe to make these cookies gluten free. Make sure your butter is not melted before you use it. Oil and applesauce do not work as a butter substitute in these chocolate chips cookies. I have not tried these cookies with an egg replacer yet.
I’m really excited about this gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do. If you make these chocolate chip cookies please stop back by and let me know what you thought.
Happy baking and cooking,
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 107mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g