Vegan Gluten Free Brownies that are free from the top allergens, rich, and fudgy.
This Gluten-Free Vegan Brownie recipe is super simple to make and uses regular ingredients found in most kitchens.
If you want a more traditional brownie, check out my Gluten Free Brownies.
Vegan Gluten-Free Brownies
My family likes to share recipes from generation to generation. These Gluten-Free, Vegan Brownies are an extension of that tradition, with an allergy-friendly twist.
This brownie recipe is our family-favorite, passed down from my great grandmother, and originally started with butter, eggs, and a non-gluten-free flour.
I've transformed this recipe using simple substitutions and have been able to recreate this family classic into a treat that we can all enjoy.
Ingredients in Vegan Gluten Free Brownies
- Dairy Free Butter - We use Earth Balance Buttery Spread Baking Sticks
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips - For this recipe we used Enjoy Life but you can use your favorite chocolate chips.
- Flaxeggs - Flaxseed meal + water makes a great egg substitute.
- Sugar - We used granulated sugar but you can also use coconut sugar.
- Gluten Free Flour - We use Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract - Make sure you use a high quality vanilla extract for the best flavor.
The good news is that these vegan gluten free brownies are incredible, and you won't miss the butter, eggs, and gluten. The bad news is that they are so good, that you won't want to share.
Add some crushed candy canes or sprinkle these gluten-free vegan brownies with sea salt for an extra special treat.
Food has always been a big part of our family. From pot lucks, to parties, and several family members going to culinary school - you could say that a lot of our traditions revolve around delicious dishes.
These vegan gluten free brownies are the most recent family recipe transformation
I absolutely loved sitting down at the table with my dear husband and our two sweet girls with a plate of these Vegan Gluten Free Brownies, and a tall, cold glass of dairy-free milk.
This is a recipe that I hope my girls will pass on to their children.
How to make vegan gluten free brownies
- Line a 8″x8″x2″ pan with parchment paper; set aside. Stirring frequently, melt dairy-free butter and chocolate morsels in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Add in the gluten-free flour.
- Stir until combined.
- Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle additional baking morsels over the top.
- Bake from 30 minutes or until the center is set. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cool, pull brownies out by the parchment paper and cut into bars.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the vegan gluten free brownie recipe below.
See how easy these gluten-free vegan brownies are to make? I hope you like them as much as we do.
The richness of these vegan gluten free brownies comes from the combination of ingredients but starts with the smooth, chocolatey baking morsels.
Using an allergy friendly baking chocolate not only pulls the recipe together, it also helps create the crinkled top and fudgy center.
I hope you enjoy these Gluten-Free Vegan Brownies as much as we do. Looking for other yummy chocolaty treats? My Gluten-Free Vegan Ganache Cake is a reader favorite.
If you're looking for more allergy friendly sweet treats you are going to swoon over this Gluten-Free Brownie Trifle from My-Gluten-Free Kitchen.
Did you make these vegan gluten free brownies? Please leave a comment below letting us know that you thought.
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g