Chewy, gooey, and loaded with sweet white chocolate chips, Gluten Free Blondies are an easy to make dessert that everyone loves.
Simple ingredients mean that you can make this recipe any time.
Love white chocolate chips? Try these gluten free macadamia cookies next.
GLUTEN FREE BLONDIES RECIPE
Gluten free blondies are a close cousin of Gluten Free Brownies. Blondies are like brownies but we've swapped out the chocolate for a rich caramel flavor that comes from baking with brown sugar and vanilla.
As a huge chocolate lover, I'd always choose a blondie over a brownie.
They are just such a special treat for me, and while I've occasionally found these in gluten free bakeries, making them at home is so much easier and much less expensive.
This recipe makes blondies as they should be: rich, chewy, and sweet with the perfect firm yet soft texture.
Blondies come together with simple ingredients that you probably already have and they bake up in less than a half hour. You'll love how easy this recipe is!
INGREDIENTS IN GLUTEN FREE BLONDIES
Butter - This forms the base of our dough and adds flavor, texture, and richness. I prefer unsalted butter for baking so that I can control the amount of salt in my finished product.
Brown Sugar - Brown sugar helps to create the chewy texture of the blondie, as well as adding a caramel-like flavor.
Granulated Sugar - A mix of two types of sugar gives us the perfect chewiness and sweetness levels.
Eggs - Make sure your eggs are at room temperature when baking this recipe.
Vanilla Extract - Pure vanilla extract is a key ingredient. Use the best vanilla that you can reasonably afford. It's worth it.
Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour - I use Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour. This blend includes xanthan gum so I don't need to add any extra.
Baking Powder - This helps add air and rise to the blondies.
Salt - Salt in baked goods balances out the sweetness.
White Chocolate Chips - For an extra burst of creamy sweetness in every bite.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE BLONDIES
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together gluten free flour blend, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into a baking pan lined with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake as directed in the recipe until the blondies are golden brown. Do not overbake if you want chewy blondies.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
HOW MANY GLUTEN FREE BLONDIES DOES THIS RECIPE MAKE?
Baked in an 8x8 pan, you can cut 9 generous sized blondie squares, but you can easily cut into smaller sizes or triangles if you're serving a crowd.
WHAT KIND OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS GO IN BLONDIES?
I love using white chocolate chips in gluten free blondies for their creamy sweetness. You can substitute with a chocolate chip, like semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate.
These would even be delicious with butterscotch chips or peanut butter chips.
Once you make this gluten free blondies recipe once, you'll be an expert and can experiment with whatever add-ins you like.
HOW TO STORE BLONDIES
Gluten free blondies will keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days. If needed, freeze them for longer storage.
ARE BLONDIES SUPPOSED TO BE GOOEY?
In my opinion, yes, blondies should be gooey! That's part of their charm and deliciousness. If you prefer a dryer gluten free blondie, cook them a few minutes longer than the recipe advises.
Did you make this Gluten Free Blondies Recipe? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour blend (I used Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 8x8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, letting the paper overhang on the sides. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared pan. Smooth with a spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 25-29 minutes, until the blondies are golden brown. Do not overbake for chewy blondies.
- Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can freeze for longer storage.
- You can swap out the white chocolate chips with semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate instead.
- This recipe makes 9 generously sized squares, but you can cut into smaller squares or triangles to serve a crowd.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
This nutrition info is based on the exact ingredients and brands that I used a the time. It may not be 100% accurate. Please check your ingredients nutrition labels.