Crunchy, chewy, Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are a perfect treat any time of the year. These easy gluten-free macadamia cookies make great gifts that warm your loved ones from the inside out.
Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
I’ve recently decided that I don’t have enough cookie recipes on the blog. I looked through all the amazing recipe I have, and there’s just not enough. You never really can have too many cookie recipes, right?
One of my very favorite recipes from my cookbook is my Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies. They are chewy, crunchy, and soft all at the same time. Seriously. And they are the best.
These gluten-free macadamia cookies are really simple to make and the addition of ground macadamias inside the cookies makes these gluten-free cookies chewy and delightful.
Gluten Free Macadamia Cookies
One of the things that makes these gluten-free white chocolate macadamia cookies the best is the combination of flavors. You have your buttery, vanilla-y cookie, white chocolate chips, and marshmallow like macadamias.
Have you ever tried a raw macadamia nut? It melts in your mouth like a cloud of marshmallows.
Although the macadamias in this recipe are toasted, they still have that marshmallow effect when enjoyed in this delicious cookie. When I bake these cookies I like to use good vanilla extract, and when I splurge, vanilla paste.
Up until I started working Rodelle products, I hadn’t tried vanilla paste. Vanilla paste to me is the top-shelf version of vanilla. It’s concentrated and has a smooth, rich finish – almost like a fine bourbon or aged wine (but without the acidity).
What white chocolate chips are gluten-free
This list of gluten-free white chocolate chips may change. Always check labels before purchasing. Some of these may be processed in a facility that also processes wheat.
Another thing that the Rodelle vanilla paste is amazing in (not related to cookies) is whipped cream! I can tell a huge difference in using the paste vs. vanilla extra in fresh made whipped cream. It gives it a sweeter, smoother flavor as opposed to the vanilla extract. I discovered it by accident one day when I reached for the paste instead of the extract and I haven’t gone back since.
How to make gluten-free macadamia cookies
- Preheat oven and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Chop ½ cup of macadamia nuts and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- In a food processor, combine melted butter and remaining macadamia nuts.
- Process until the mixture forms a lumpy paste. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the remaining six tablespoons of butter. Beat in sugars, egg and vanilla. Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the macadamia nut paste.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the chopped macadamia nuts, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Stir in vanilla chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, two inches apart, onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through for even baking, until the cookies are light brown and slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 2–3 minutes.
- Finish cooling on a wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.
For the full list of ingredients and directions see the recipe card below. If you have any questions about substitutions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
If you are looking for a cookie that travels well this is the gluten-free macadamia cookie for you. Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia cookies also make great gifts, and are the perfect treat for Santa.
Texan Erin Baking has a roundup of 20 amazing Gluten-Free Cookies that you are sure to love. These Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are just one of the amazing recipes she shared. Just double check the ingredients in the recipe as they may not all be gluten-free.
Did you make these cookies? Stop back by and let me know what you thought.
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g