Celebrate this holiday season (or any season) with fresh baked Gluten-Free Chai Donuts. The subtle layers of sugars and spices are a perfect match for any one who loves chai.
Gluten Free Chai Donuts
Chai Tea Lattes have been my go-t0 drink for years. I drink them year round, even when it's hot outside. I love all the spices, honey, and black tea mixed together. I usually order mine with dairy-free vanilla milk and no foam.
It's super comforting and quite delicious, so of course I'd be over the moon about Gluten-Free Chai Donuts. Any chai tea lover would be.
You know we love donuts in our house and I try to develop a couple of donut recipes a year.
Last year during this time I made Gluten-Free Gingerbread Donuts. They were super scrumptious and we've made them several time since. Developing a recipe for chai donuts is long over due and I'm glad I decided to make them this year.
Gluten Free Spice Donuts
Truth be told, I started prepping my holiday recipes in July. Some people think it's crazy to start that early but I need the extra time to ramp up holiday recipes.
We try to spend time with family, and do fun activities, and sometimes travel during the holiday breaks. I can't even imagine trying to make a recipe a week and get everything else done that I need to get done.
That's also why I love easy recipes. We're just as busy as any other average household during the holidays and I can't afford to spend hours in the kitchen every day prepping and cooking up meals when there's a holiday every other weekend - it seem. 😉
Plus my family loves dessert. They get plenty with all the recipe testing I do. Combined all the holiday stuff, top it with regular life, and there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything.
Creating recipes for the holidays takes time. It's not as easy as throwing together a couple of things and snapping a photo.
Bloggers have to think through recipe ideas, test, and re-test before they share it with their readers. That's why I, and many others, start prepping for the holidays early. So we have plenty of time to perfect the recipe so it's the best that it can be before it goes up on our blogs.
You're going to love these Gluten-Free Chai Donuts. My family loved every bite when I was perfecting the recipe.
They are firm, like a standard baked cake donut, but still tender. The full flavors of vanilla and chai are bursting throughout the donut, and the glaze adds the right amount of sweetness.
Did you make these gluten free chai donuts? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
For the donut:
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons dairy-free milk (I used almond milk)
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- For the donuts: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a donut baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, all spice, ginger, cloves and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- In a separate small mixing bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, dairy-free milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Mix wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared donut baking pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes before glazing.
- For the glaze: Combine powdered sugar, dairy-free milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl.
- Dip tops of donuts into the glaze.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g