Did someone say Gluten-Free Gingerbread Donuts? Tender, fluffy donuts with hints of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves – the ultimate gingerbread treat.
The holiday season is in full swing. And for me, that means I am baking up a storm in the kitchen.
Not only am I creating recipes for you, I am baking for my kids classroom parties, pot lucks, and holiday parties.
Our friends and family expect us to bring something fantastic to each gathering. Something new. Something that will get them excited for the next party.
Every year I whisk and mix away in the kitchen trying to find that one recipe. The recipe that will please them all and meet everyone’s dietary needs.
That’s where these Gluten-Free Gingerbread donuts come in.
The good news for for everyone, is that most of my recipes are posted here on gluten-free palate, and many are shared with my neighbors (which doesn’t help you any, but they sure love it).
These gluten-free Gingerbread Donuts are sure to be a keeper. They are light and airy, and they crumble in all the right places. The subtle hints of ginger, followed shortly by cinnamon and cloves leaves something to be desired… a cup of coffee or a glass of milk.
They are coated in a cocoa-powdered sugar mixture, bringing some of my favorite flavors together.
Just a warning in advance, they are quit addicting. After you polish off the first one, you may find yourself inadvertently reaching for a second.
And a third.
It’s best to share these delightful Gluten-Free Gingerbread Donuts.
I use this affordable Wilton Donut Pan(affiliate link) when I make donuts. In fact, I have two for recipes that make 12 donuts.
If you are looking for other donut recipes simple search for “donuts” in the search bar at the top left of the page. I’ve got lots of great donut recipes including Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Donuts and Gluten-Free Vanilla Birthday Cake Donuts.
For the donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted (or oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
For the coating:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a six-serving donut pan; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves; set aside
- In a separate large mixing bowl combine egg, molasses, melted dairy-free butter, brown sugar, and dairy-free milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared donut pan filling about 1/2 full. The batter should not cover the center of the donut, where the hole will go.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donuts rise and set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the pan.
- Carefully remove the donut from the pan to a wire rack set over a cookie sheet or piece of parchment paper.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the powered sugar, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- One at a time, dip donuts into the cocoa sugar mixture and roll or spoon the mixture over the donut until it's evenly coated.
- Place your donut on the rack and repeat until all donuts are coated. If desired, coat a second time.
- Store donuts in a airtight container at room temperate for up to three days.
- Re-heat before serving.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 242 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 42mg Sodium: 263mg Carbohydrates: 40g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 4g