Made from scratch and fresh out of the oven, these Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Maple Donuts will warm your heart and your belly.
We’ve talked about how much my family loves donuts, right? You can never have enough donut recipes up your sleeve.
I realized a while back that I hadn’t made Gluten-Free Maple Donuts. My kiddos LOVE maple donuts, and were super excited when I placed a fresh, hot, maple icing smothered donut in front of them one morning.
Donuts are a lot simpler than you might think. The batter is similar to cake batter, but a little thicker.
It uses mostly the same ingredients as cake, just different amounts of it. You want your donuts to be soft, tender, and hold together when you bite into them.
These Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Maple Donuts get the maple-like flavor from brown sugar, butter, and the maple syrup in the icing.
You’ll taste a subtle maple flavor, just enough to make your mouth water, but not too much that it’s overpowering.
When I make donuts, I like to put the batter into a large zip lock bag, snip the end and use it to pipe the batter into my donut pan.
It helps eliminate mess and lets you make donuts with ease. Here is the donut pan I use (affiliate link).
My other trick, that you may see me mention in other donut posts, is that I like to make a double batch and freeze some.
Donuts freeze really well when placed in an airtight container.
Also, this allows me to have some for future donut days and for when I need to grab a treat for an emergency like: unexpected soccer birthdays (where a parent brings treats for the whole team), last minute birthday parties, or when my girls sleep over at a friends house.
If you like donuts (and hopefully you do), you should also check out my Gluten-Free Vanilla Birthday Cake Donuts, Gluten-Free Cinnamon Sugar Donuts, or my Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Donuts. Or, if you want something else, just search for “donut” and a bunch of other recipes will show up for you.
For the donuts-
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons RYZE Blue Bag Flour
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) dairy-free milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
For the glaze-
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 1 six-serving donut pan; set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the egg, dairy-free milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix just until combined.
- Spoon batter into a large zip lock back and cut a half-inch off one corner. Squeeze batter into each donut well, filling 2/3rds full. Don’t overfill.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until set.
- For the glaze, mix maple syrup, powdered sugar and dairy-free milk in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir again.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the glaze.
- Store in an airtight container for up to three days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 125 Total Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 9g
Disclosure: This recipe was sponsored by RYZE. There is an affiliate link attached to the donut pan. It doesn’t cost you more. Opinions are my own.