Healthy, bite sized, and loaded with amazing ingredients, these mini Paleo Almond Joy Donuts are going to rock your world, and your taste-buds.
You all know that I LOVE making donuts. We enjoy a donut every Friday as a way to end the week.
Lately I’ve been swapping out some of our regular gluten-free baked goods with Paleo versions. These Paleo Almond Joy Donuts are my latest recipe, and our newest favorite.
My kids went nuts (no pun intended) for these mini Paleo Almond Joy Donuts, and you will too once you see how easy they are to make.
They only use one bowl, a few ingredients, and some chocolate. They are secretly healthy. Everyone that’s tried these donuts can’t tell the difference in taste or texture.
I made a quick video to show you how easy they are to make. If you’re not a fan of the addition of sliced almonds and toasted coconut on top, you can always leave them off – then they’ll be chocolate donuts.
You’re not missing out on anything. They’re still scrumptious. I like to add extra sliced almonds and coconut to my mini Paleo Almond Joy Donuts, and my husband likes to eat them plain.
My kids don’t care either way – they just like donuts!
If you don’t have a mini donut pan, you can always use a regular sized donut pan and increase the time by 4-6 minutes. Just watch them, and check for doneness.
You can also use a mini muffin pan, and bake them for the same amount of time.
These mini Paleo Almond Joy Donuts are perfect for treats, celebrations, and freeze well – in case you were thinking about stashing some away for a rainy day.
They use similar ingredients and are equally easy to make.
- 2 cups fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or coconut sugar)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup gluten-free, dairy-free dark chocolate baking morsel's or no sugar added dark chocolate, melted.
- sliced almonds, for topping
- toasted coconut, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2 mini donut pans; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into your mini donut pan, careful not to cover the center.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dip the tops of each donut into melted chocolate and top with sliced almonds and toasted coconut.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 250 Total Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 50g Protein: 8g