Tender green beans, savory cream of mushroom soup, and the perfect crunchy topping make this easy homemade gluten free green bean casserole the perfect gluten free side dish.
If you’re looking for more gluten free side dishes you’ll want to make my Gluten Free Mac and Cheese. My Gluten Free Cheesy Potatoes are also super simple to make. Serve them with Beef Short Ribs Instant Pot for a filling meal.
Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
Every holiday should include gluten free green bean casserole. It’s a classic side dish and I’ve converted it to a gluten free version with the option to use fresh green beans or canned green beans.
If you can find gluten free cream of mushroom soup you can always make it from scratch. This Gluten Free Mushroom Soup recipe is simple to make and works well in this gluten free green bean casserole recipe.
Is Green Bean Casserole Gluten Free?
I often get asked is green bean casserole gluten free. Green bean casserole traditionally uses cream of mushroom soup. While most cream of mushroom soups contain wheat, you can purchase gluten free cream of mushroom soup or you can make your own homemade cream of mushroom soup without wheat.
Brands of Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup for Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
There are a few brands of store bought cream of mushroom soup available for purchase. You can find these is most grocery stores or online.
- Pacific Foods Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Great Value Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Healthy Valley Gluten Free Cafe Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Simple Truth Organic Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Progresso Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
Please make sure to check labels before purchasing as the ingredients can change.
How to make gluten free cream of Mushroom Soup
- Trim and wash green beans. Blanch for 5 minutes; set aside. Omit this step if using canned green beans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add in the green beans, onion, and cheese, and stir until combined.
- Spread green bean mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Top with gluten free fried onions or crushed pork rinds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the green beans are tender and the top is crunchy.
If you have any questions on how to make gluten free green bean casserole please leave me a comment below and I’ll get back to you.
How to make dairy-free green bean casserole
If you can’t have dairy you can use a unflavored dairy-free milk, dairy-free cream of mushroom soup, and omit the cheese to make these gluten free green bean casserole recipe dairy free.
Tips for making gluten free green bean casserole
- Use a gluten free cream of mushroom soup, or make your own cream of mushroom soup
- You can use fresh or canned green beans. If using canned green beans, use 4 cups (about two cans).
- You can omit the cheese from this recipe for a more traditional gf green bean casserole.
- Top this gluten free green bean casserole recipe with fried onions or crushed pork rinds.
This gf green bean casserole is simple to make and is customizable to fit your taste buds.
PIN THIS FOR LATER:
We love to serve homemade gluten free green bean casserole at Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. While we tend to make it more on Holidays, we also make it as an occasional week night side dish. We prefer to use fresh green beans but you can use fresh, frozen, or canned green beans.
Did you make this gluten free green bean casserole recipe? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought and if you used fried onions or crushed pork rinds for the topping.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 656mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g