A classic, homemade gluten free lasagna recipe that is full of flavor and filling. I’ve included shortcuts for getting this gluten free lasagna in the oven quicker. You can double this recipe to feed a crowd.
Gluten Free Lasagna Recipe
We’ve been enjoying lasagna for years. My dad used to make it at least once a month, and then for Christmas. We’ve made some adjustments to this family lasagna recipe that we think you’ll love. Including adding in pro-tips and shortcuts for getting your lasagna in the oven quicker.
With this gluten free lasagna recipe, you can add addition ingredients like chopped veggies, spinach, or other cheese varieties. This lasagna is great as-is but you can definitely customize it to fit your palate.
Ingredients in Gluten Free lasagna
- Gluten-free noodles (oven ready)
- Ground beef, or ground turkey
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Tomato paste
- Dried parsley
- Shredded Mozzarella
How to layer a lasagna
This is how I personally like to layer gluten free lasagna. You can layer it how you like.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- Spread half the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- Spread half the sauce mixture over the noodles.
- Add the second layer of lasagna noodles, ricotta mixture, and sauce mixture.
- Top with shredded mozzarella.
We doubled this gluten free lasagna recipe and baked it in a 15X10X2 pan (shown in the photos).
Shortcuts for making Lasagna
You don’t need to make everything from scratch. This gluten free lasagna recipe is a from-scratch homemade lasagna but here are a few things you can swap out for a quicker option.
- Noodles – Get oven ready, no boil noodles. We like Barilla gluten free oven ready lasagna noodles.
- Sauce – Instead of making the sauce from scratch use your favorite marinara. Simply brown the beef, add the sauce and layer.
- Ricotta Filling – If you’re not a fan of ricotta filling you can leave it out. When I leave the ricotta out, I layer the noodles and sauce with another layer of mozzarella or Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave Lasagna – If you used cooked lasagna noodles, you can microwave your lasagna. Simply cover with a couple of paper towels (to prevent splatter) and microwave for 5 minutes. If you want a crispy cheesy top, place the microwaved lasagna under the broiler for 5 minutes. Everything going into the lasagna is cooked.
Do you have any tips for making gluten free lasagna? Please leave it in the comments below.
Pro tips for making gluten free lasagna
- Use lean beef, or turkey. Beef that is higher in fat releases more oils/fat into the lasagna.
- You can use fresh or dried spices in this lasagna recipe.
- Use unsalted or low sodium canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste and adjust the salt to taste.
Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles
Here is our list of best gluten free lasagna noodles.
- Jovial Gluten Free Lasagna Noodles
- Barilla Gluten Free Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles (they’re no-boil)
- Simply Balanced Gluten Free Oven Ready Lasagna Noodles (they’re no-boil) – found at Target
- Mueller’s Gluten Free Oven-Ready Lasagna (they’re no boil, a mix of corn and rice)
What to serve with Gluten Free Lasagna?
If you like to serve your lasagna with garlic bread, either make my gluten free bread sticks and add garlic salt or make garlic bread by spreading garlic butter on gluten free bread and broiling it in the oven.
Did you make this Gluten Free Lasagna? Let us know what you think of it in a comment below.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 1137mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 46g