Gluten-Free Everything Bagel Strata is a flavorful gluten-free twist on a classic strata using cubed everything bagels. This simple breakfast casserole also doubles as a filling brunch recipe and is perfect for sharing with guests.
I get several emails or messages a week asking for simple breakfast recipes. We’re all busy in our own way, whether we are working full time for a corporation or are managing a 24 hour shift as the CEO of our household.
One of the things that we all have in common is that we need simple, delicious recipes that we can throw together in a pinch. That, and we are all living a gluten-free lifestyle.
If you love making gluten free casseroles you’ll want to make my gluten free breakfast casserole. It uses hash browns instead of bagels.
When my girls and I were first diagnosed Non-Celiac Gluten Intolerant we had a really hard time finding simple recipes. It felt like everything we tried to make required a ton of ingredients and labor intensive steps. With my husband and I both working full time jobs, and two kids under the age of five, we discovered casseroles, and one pan dishes.
This Gluten-Free Everything Bagel Strata is something we started making for brunches, or special occasions like Mothers Day. Anytime we had a breakfast potluck with the family, I’d whip up a strata. They are one pan, require minimal ingredients, and are extremely filling.
Canyon Bakehouse products are dairy-free and I didn’t add cheese to this strata to keep it dairy-free but you can always add cheese if you prefer. This recipe only calls for four ingredients. Genius, right?
This Gluten-Free Everything Bagel Strata is so easy to pull together, and it feeds 6-8 people. The ham and eggs add a good amount of protien while the spinach gives you some extra nutrients. It’s like a breakfast sandwich but in the shape of a casserole. And we all know that we can use one pan recipes that are quick to make.
This particular strata stays good in the refrigerator for up to four days, so it’s a great breakfast to make if you’re looking for something you can reheat before you start your day.
On the search for more gluten-free breakfast recipes? My friend Megan from Allergy Free Alaska has a Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole that is a must make. This Breakfast Casserole is also super easy and scrumptious.
For another breakfast idea you can make this Gluten Free Quiche.
If you make this recipe please stop back by and let me know what you think!
- 3 Canyon Bakehouse Everything Bagels, cubed
- 2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 cup chopped spinach (or more if you like)
- 12 eggs, whisked
- optional: salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2.5-3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. (If preparing the night before, preheat the oven when you are ready to bake the strata. Let the strata sit out for 30 minutes before you bake it.)
- Add everything bagel cubes in an even layer to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle ham and chopped spinach over the top of the bagel cubes.
- Pour whisked eggs over the top.
- If desired, top with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the center is set and cooked through. If the top starts to brown, cover it with foil.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 300mgSodium: 542mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g