You need just 3 ingredients and a bowl to create the tastiest Everything Bagel Dip!
Served with gluten-free crackers or a sliced gluten-free baguette, this easy bagel dip is like enjoying an everything bagel with a cream cheese spread, but it's easier to snack on.
EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP RECIPE
It literally takes just a few minutes to mix up this everything bagel dip, making it the perfect last-minute recipe for a party or get-together with friends or family. Everyone loves it when I serve this dip, and it's usually one of the first dips to end up empty when it's among others.
Everything bagel dip is creamy, salty, savory, and totally irresistible!
You don't even need to let it chill after you mix it up. It's actually best if you serve this dip right away so that the texture of the everything bagel seasoning with seeds is still a bit crunchy.
If you are like me and put Everything Bagel Seasoning on everything from eggs to pasta, you probably have a bottle or two in your cupboard right now. If not, pick some up so that you can make this easy everything bagel dip recipe this weekend!
This everything bagel dip recipe is gluten-free, low carb, and keto-friendly.
IS EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING GLUTEN-FREE?
The ingredients generally included in everything bagel seasoning mix are salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dehydrated onion, and dehydrated garlic. None of these things have gluten in them naturally.
Always be sure to check the labels on packaging when buying any processed food. Here's what I know about gluten-free everything bagel seasoning brands:
- Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel Seasoning does not include any gluten ingredients but is not labeled as gluten-free.
- The same is true for Aldi's Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning, and Walmart's version too.
- McCormick Everything Bagel seasoning is labeled Gluten Free
- Other brands labeled gluten-free include Badia, and TheSpiceLab. (available on Amazon)
So, while everything bagel seasonings don't have any gluten-containing ingredients, if you're concerned about shared equipment cross-contamination, choose a brand that is specifically labeled gluten-free.
INGREDIENTS IN EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
Cream Cheese: Any good bagel needs a cream cheese schmear, and the same goes for an everything bagel dip recipe! You'll get the best flavor from full-fat cream cheese, but you can make this recipe with low-fat cream cheese as well.
Sour Cream - Adding sour cream to cream cheese dips makes them easier to dip into.
Everything Bagel Seasoning - Trader Joe's makes the original Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, but you can also pick up a similar version at Aldi or other stores. This seasoning is delicious on all sorts of things, so I always keep some around. This seasoning includes coarse salt, garlic, onion, poppy seeds, and sesame seeds. See notes above for tips on buying gluten-free seasonings.
Green Onion - I've listed this ingredient as optional, but I enjoy the extra bit of sweet onion flavor and texture that thinly sliced green onion adds. It also makes a pretty green garnish if you're serving this for guests. Just use the green top of the onion. Save the lighter part for another recipe.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
This recipe is very, very easy! Normally I include step-by-step photos, but for everything bagel dip, I only need one.
- Add softened cream cheese and sour cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or use a handheld mixer and a large mixing bowl). Beat on medium speed until the two are well combined. This will take about 1 minute.
- Next, add the everything bagel seasoning and sliced green onion if you're using it. Mix for another minute or so to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, and serve immediately with your choice of dippers.
For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
Don't forget to garnish your dip with additional bagel seasoning and sliced green onions! Chives or chopped parsley can also be used to add a bit of green to the plate.
GLUTEN FREE DIPPERS FOR EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
You can dip almost anything into this simple, flavorful, and creamy dip! Here are my favorite gluten-free dipper options. Try one, or two, or many of them with this dip or other gluten-free dips.
- Vegetables: Fresh veggies, cut into sticks or chips are a healthy option, and are naturally gluten-free. Celery, baby carrots, large carrots cut into slices, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper strips, and cucumbers are some of my favorites.
- Chips: Gluten-free tortilla chips, pretzels, or sturdy kettle potato chips will be a tasty addition.
- Crackers: There are many delicious gluten-free cracker options available in stores, or you can make homemade cheese crackers. Toasted gluten-free pitas are also delicious with dips.
- Bread: Grab your favorite gluten-free bagels or a gluten-free baguette. Slice thinly, and serve as is, or gently toast the sliced bread in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil to create fresh, toasty pieces for dipping.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS DIP
Get creative and use everything bagel dip in meals and snacks! These ideas are especially good for any leftovers.
- Spread dip on toast and top with sliced avocado to make a creamy and savory avocado toast.
- Fill mushroom caps with everything bagel dip, or spread it onto crackers or bread to make easy-to-eat appetizers or canapes.
- Add this dip to packed lunches, along with fresh veggies for dipping.
CAN I MAKE MY OWN EVERYTHING BAGEL SPICE?
It's actually quite easy to mix up your own container of everything bagel seasoning. This is a great option if you want to tweak the ingredients, reduce the sodium, or just ensure that you'll never run out of this delicious mix!
Mix together a tablespoon each of poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, kosher salt, and dried minced garlic. Add ½ tablespoon of dried minced onion and you have an easy DIY everything bagel seasoning. Store it in an airtight container.
You can add other things to your bagel seasoning too. Try a pinch of crushed red pepper, a few grinds of black pepper, or any other savory spice that you enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE A NON-DAIRY EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP
I haven't tried this specific recipe using vegan substitutes, but if I did, I would have used a vegan cream cheese such as Kite Hill or Tofutti, and to lighten it up, try a vegan mayo or dairy-free greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Because this recipe is so simple, the flavor of all of the ingredients comes through, so just be sure that you are choosing creamy dairy-free products that you love, and the dip will be great.
DO I NEED A MIXER TO MAKE THIS DIP RECIPE?
I like to use my stand mixer to make this because it's super fast and I can be sure that I get everything mixed up smoothly. You can certainly make this recipe without a mixer though! An electric hand mixer is the next best option, or you can mix it by hand with a sturdy wooden spoon and some elbow grease. Be sure that your cream cheese is totally softened if you decide to go this route, or you will end up with some lumps in the mix.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER BAGEL DIP
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep for 2 days.
Stir the dip and allow it to soften up a bit at room temperature so that it will be easy to dip into.
CAN I SERVE EVERYTHING BAGEL DIP HOT?
I enjoy this dip cold, probably because it reminds me so much of fresh bagels with cream cheese! You can warm it up if you want to though. Add the dip to an oven-safe dish, and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes, or microwave for 2-3 minutes until it's warmed through.
MORE GLUTEN-FREE DIP RECIPES TO TRY
Be sure to check out all of our tasty gluten-free appetizer recipes! If you aren't sure what to make next, here are a few of my favorites:
- Jarlsberg Cheese Dip is a hot, baked dip that is savory and delicious.
- My Crack Corn Dip is one that everyone asks me to bring to parties. It's amazingly good.
- Super fresh and tangy Tzatziki Dip is delicious on so many dishes. Get your Greek on!
- Make Easy Guacamole for taco night!
Did you make this Everything Bagel Dip? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Beat on medium speed until the two are well combined-- about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Next, add the everything bagel seasoning and sliced green onion, if using. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately with your choice of dippers.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- You can use a hand mixer rather than a stand mixer to make this dip.
- Delicious dippers include sliced gluten-free baguette or bagel, fresh vegetables, or your favorite gluten-free crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. They never cost you extra.
Serving Size:¼ cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
This nutrition info is based on the exact ingredients and brands that I used a the time. It may not be 100% accurate. Please check your ingredients nutrition labels.