Jarlsberg Cheese Dip is an ooey, gooey, cheesy dip featuring melty Jarlsberg cheese and just the right amount of seasonings to feature its rich, buttery flavor.
You'll love this recipe Jarlsberg Cheese Dip, It's gluten free, low carb, keto friendly, and super easy to make. Just mix everything together and bake until bubbly.
JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP RECIPE
Cheese is the star of this Jarlsberg Cheese dip recipe.
Jarlsberg cheese is a Norwegian cows milk cheese that was created using a now secret recipe. It has a very distinct flavor, somewhat like gouda, somewhat like swiss cheese.
If you haven't had it before, I suggest you go get some Jarlsberg right now. It is delicious in this dip and works wonderfully added to cheese sauces, melted on burgers, and added to cold sandwiches too.
This Jarlsberg Recipe takes less than a half hour to prepare and will impress your family and friends with it's novel flavors and cheesy presentation.
Take this dip to your next get together and get ready for compliments!
INGREDIENTS IN JARLSBERG CHEEESE DIP
Jarlsberg Cheese - You'll need about 2 cups, freshly grated. Look for this cheese in the specialty cheese section of your grocery store.
Mayonnaise - Added to give a creamy, loose texture to the dip so that it's easy to scoop up with your favorite dippers.
Cream Cheese - Cream cheese helps to create the base for this dip and adds creaminess and bulk.
Green Onions - We'll be added some chopped green onion into the dip, and using the rest as a garnish.
Smoked Paprika - The smokiness of this spice pairs really well with the savory cheese.
Garlic Powder - There's never really a bad time to add garlic to a recipe. It works perfectly here to add tons of flavor.
Salt - To properly season the cheese we'll add a bit of salt.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you.
HOW TO MAKE HOT JARLSBERG DIP
- Set aside ½ cup of Jarlsberg cheese and 1 tablespoon green onion for later. In a medium bowl, combine remaining Jarlsberg cheese with mayonnaise, cream cheese, remaining green onion, paprika, garlic powder, and salt.
- Stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Use a spatula to smooth the mixture into the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Place baking dish into the oven.
- Bake as directed until golden around the edges and bubbling on top.
- Serve warm with your favorite dippers.
These numbered steps match the numbered photos above and are for illustration purposes. For the complete list of ingredients and instructions, please see the recipe below.
HOW TO MAKE COLD JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP
This recipe can be enjoyed cold rather than hot if you prefer. It's great both ways. Making this Jarlsberg dip recipe cold makes it a copycat version of the Kroger grocery store dip that everyone loves.
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
WHAT TYPE OF DISH SHOULD I MAKE CHEESE DIP IN?
I like to use a 1 quart quiche dish or casserole dish, as pictured here. If you don't have that available, feel free to use any oven safe dish that you like.
An 8x8 inch square baking dish or a 9 inch pie plate would be perfect.
WHAT KIND OF DIPPERS TO USE FOR JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP?
You can use whatever you like, but I'll give you some delicious suggestions.
To keep this recipe low carb, use low carb dippers like fresh vegetable sticks, cheese crisps, or keto crackers.
Otherwise, try buttery crackers, pretzels, tortilla chips, or even sliced baguette.
Did you make this Jarlsberg Cheese Dip? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
- 8 ounces freshly grated Jarlsberg cheese, (about 2 cups), divided
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup green onions, divided
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 1 qt quiche or casserole dish. Set aside.
- Set aside ½ cup of the Jarlsberg cheese and 1 tablespoon of the green onions. Save for later.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the remaining Jarlsberg cheese with the mayonnaise, cream cheese, remaining green onions, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes, until golden around the edges and bubbling on top.
- Top with reserved green onions.
- Serve with your favorite dippers, like fresh vegetables or crackers.
- Make this recipe hot, as written, or skip the baking steps and enjoy it as a cold Jarlsberg dip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 346mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
This nutrition info is based on the exact ingredients and brands that I used a the time. It may not be 100% accurate. Please check your ingredients nutrition labels.