Gluten-Free Pancake Bites are an easy and quick breakfast that everyone in your family will love. Mix, scoop into a mini muffin pan, bake, and dip! You are going to love these gluten free mini pancakes.
As a busy full-time working parent I sometimes find myself in a pinch for a quick breakfast or snack that my two girls can grab on the go. That’s when I turn to pancake bites. You can make a bunch in advance (and freeze them) and they travel well – think lunch boxes, travel bags, to-go containers, etc.
My girls have decided that they want to be in charge of breakfast for Father’s Day this year. I gave them a couple of options for recipes that they could make themselves, including a recipe for pancake bites.
Gluten Free Mini Pancakes
They’ve decided to have fun with it and make a variety of pancake bites using chocolate chips, blueberries, coconut, and almonds. We’ve already talked about doubling the batch so they can enjoy the remaining bites throughout the following week.
With less than ten ingredients and two bowls needed for the recipe, and less than twenty minutes to bake, this recipe is simple enough that anyone can make it and it’s super easy to clean up afterwards. You can whip up a batch yourself or have your kids help in the kitchen.
How to make pancake bites
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, egg, dairy-free yogurt, and oil. Add the flour mixture all at once to the wet mixture and stir just till combined. Do not over mix.
- Using a tablespoon, drop one level tablespoon of batter into each mini-cupcake cup.
- Repeat until all cups are full. If desired, top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops start to brown and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a small spoon or butter knife, gently work your way around the edge of each pancake bite and lift out of the pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For the full list of ingredients in these pancake bites, see the recipe card below.
My girls are especially looking forward to mixing and pouring the batter and topping these tasty little Gluten-Free Pancake Bites with their favorite toppings (and Dad’s too). I am looking forward to seeing the looks on their sweet little faces when they present the breakfast they made to their dad on Father’s Day.
If you like pancakes your sure to like my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes. Pumpkin isn’t just for holidays, it can be enjoyed any time. In the mood for crepes? Sandi from Fearless Dining makes incredible Gluten Free Crepes.
Did you make these gluten free pancake bites? Please leave a comment below letting me know what you thought.
Serving Size: 4 pancake bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 6g