Gluten-Free Champagne Cupcakes are perfect for celebrating weddings, birthdays, and New Year’s! They are tender, have the perfect texture, and are topped with a rich buttercream frosting.
A stunning cupcake rich with flavor, topped with a creamy frosting, and perfect for any occasion. Readers from all over the world have made these Gluten- Free White Champagne Cupcakes for all occasions. They are a fun and sophisticated cupcake that’s easy to make and impresses everyone that bites into it.
You can make just about any flavor of cupcakes these days. I’ve seen everything from Bourbon cupcakes, Bacon cupcakes, and Mango cupcakes all the way to Root Beer cupcakes. You can do so many fun things with cupcakes and make them in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. I like to match the cupcake flavor and style to the occasion I am celebrating.
I originally shared these Gluten-Free White Champagne Cupcakes in December of 2014. I’ve recently updated the post and wanted to re-share them. These classy gluten-free white champagne cupcakes are the adult version of traditional white cupcakes. They are super simple to make and only use nine ingredients from cupcake to frosting.
I’ve had so many people make these cupcakes for wedding showers, mothers day, and even weddings and tag my on social media. I love seeing people enjoy these cupcakes, so if you make them, please let me know what you thought and what event you made them for. You don’t need to have an event for an excuse to make these, they can be made for any reason, any time of the year.
If you’re not a fan of champagne, you can substitute the champagne with your favorite clear soda for a fun and unique twist. A few readers have substituted vanilla cream soda and made these for a baby shower. Fun, right?
I also know not everyone consumes alcohol, or likes the taste of champagne, so at least there are options. These cupcakes are tender, like bakery-style tender and they are incredible to bite into. I will warn you that the buttercream frosting is rich. You can add as much or as little frosting as your heart desires, or you can top these Gluten-Free White Champagne Cupcakes with fresh whipped cream.
These cupcakes are like a party in your mouth and I hope you’ll give them a try. Cupcakes don’t have to be difficult, so hopefully you can see just how simple these cupcakes are to make. Remember, if you make them, stop back by and let me know what you thought!
Pin for later:
Pin for later:
For the cake:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, separate the white from yolks
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup champagne (not sparkling wine)
- 1For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- For the cake - Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12 serving cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the all purpose gluten-free flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar. Mix until combined; Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, beat the two egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and beat again on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the egg yolks and butter. Beat on medium speed just until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and champagne, alternating one and then the other until fully incorporated into the batter. The batter will be thick.
- Fill each cupcake liner approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake for approximately 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting-In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well. Alternate one cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon champagne until all ingredients are blended.
- Beat in additional champagne if needed to obtain desired consistency.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4464 Total Fat: 95g Saturated Fat: 60g Cholesterol: 244mg Sodium: 1458mg Carbohydrates: 928g Sugar: 701g Protein: 8g