Wow your guests at your next party with these Gluten-Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip Bites! The crunchy crust topped with a smooth and creamy spinach artichoke dip will have you reaching for seconds.
This post was sponsored by Schar. Opinions are my own.
Lets face it, appetizers are needed year round. It starts with New Years and ends with Christmas. In between we have several holidays and several sports seasons.
There’s never a shortage of days to celebrate. And when we’re not celebrating a holiday or sport we’re enjoying friends and family.
I love to cook and bake and I’m always looking for ways to keep it simple in the kitchen.
Whether its using minimal ingredients or using products as substitutes, I’m always looking for a way to maximize my time and limit my efforts. Especially when we’re headed to a family gathering or a party or we’re feeding a crowd.
This football season we’re rotating football watching parties between a handful of friends houses.
The person hosting provides tasty beverages and the guests all bring appetizers to share.
I’ll be the first to admit that some weekends I grab a bag of chips and a jar of salsa. But it gets old, especially when every other person brings a bag of chips too.
This year I was determined to bring something filling and tasty to the football parties. Something different from your average bag of chips or pretzels. I thought about bringing spinach dip and crackers but cross contamination becomes an issue if people dip their crackers instead of spooning a dollop onto their plate.
Being that my girls and I are gluten-intolerant, I want to make sure we don’t have to worry whether or not someone has dipped their glutinous cracker into the spinach dip.
I figured finger foods were the best kind of party appetizer and what better finger foods than Gluten-Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip Bites?
These Gluten-Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip Bites are the perfect bite sized snack. They travel well and can be reheated. Enjoy!
If you like these Gluten-Free Spinach and Artichoke Dip Bites, you might also like my Gluten-Free Bacon and Tomato Cups.
- 1 loaf Schar Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread
- olive oil spray
- 3 cups packed spinach
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- sea salt
- shredded mozzarella for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly spray a small skillet pan with olive oil and cook spinach just until it starts to wilt; set aside.
- Cut the crust off each slice of multigrain bread. Using a rolling pin, flatted each slice of bread.
- Cut three 2-inch circles out of each flatten slice of bread (I used a 2-inch biscuit cutter). Save heals and extra bread for croutons.
- Spray or brush both sides of the bread circles with olive oil and press into a mini muffin tin. This recipe makes 36 bites. I only have one pan and used it three times to bake all the bites.
- Bake bread for 8 minutes.
- Chop cooked spinach.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in grated Parmesan, chopped spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, sriracha, and salt.
- Once bread is done baking, spoon spinach artichoke dip into each mini-bread bowl.
- Top with mozzarella and bake for and additional 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 5 Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 1g